The CL-8 is a powerful mixing control surface for Sound Devices 788T recorder. Its large rotary faders and push buttons bring extensive mixer-type control to 788T inputs. The lightweight CL-8 can used either mounted or remote from the 788T.
The CL-8 features eight large, rotary faders to control levels of input-to-master-track (L, R) and input-to-aux-track levels (post-fade). With its tactile buttons, control over each input's high-pass filter, limiter, polarity, mute status, and routing is quick with visual indication on the CL-8 front panel. The CL-8 provides shortcuts to route inputs to the left/right mix tracks and Aux1 and Aux2 tracks.
Sound Devices CL8 Features
- Eight faders for level control of 788T inputs
- Tactile buttons for control of high-pass, limiter, polarity, and mute of each input
- Button to activates the slate microphone on the 788T
- Quickly assign inputs to Left, Right, Aux 1, and Aux 2 record tracks
- Signal presence and input peak indicators
- LED indicators for Left, Right, Aux1, Aux2, limiter, high-pass, and polarity indicators
- Bus-powered by the 788T
- Connects directly to the 788T using the USB port, with USB keyboard pass-through; can be mounted directly to the 788T
- Aluminum and stainless-steel construction
- Designed for the same operational environmental extremes as Sound Devices field mixers