Sound Devices 664 - Field Production Mixer Recorder
The Sound Devices 664 is a 12 channel portable production mixer with an integrated recorder capable of recording 16 tracks to both CF and SD cards as 16- or 24-bit broadcast WAV files. The 664 is designed to withstand all conditions and the casing is made from metallized carbon fibre to make it as lightweight as possible whilst keeping it strong.
The Sound Devices 664 features an extremely easy to use interface and a large LCD screen that is completely glare free and can be seen clearly in all lighting conditions.
Sound Devices 664 Key Features:
- Six high-bandwidth, low noise microphone preamplifiers with phantom, limiters, high-pass, pan, and direct outputs per channel
- Four output buses, Left, Right and Aux 1, Aux 2; transformer-balanced for freedom from ground loops; multiple output connectors, including dual multi-pin
- Built-in production recorder, records all inputs and output buses: 10 tracks total. With CL-6 attached: 16 tracks total.
- Broadcast WAV recording to dual memory card slots, CF and SD
- Record different track combinations and to each card type
- High-precision, Ambient Recording-based time code generator/reader with auto-recharging of internal TC battery
- Time code compare tool to measure offset from internal and external time code
- Quick, intuitive interface via sunlight readable, transflective LCD menu control
- Main controls on dedicated knobs and switches
- Two AES42/AES3 digital inputs (input connectors 1 and 6)
- AES3 output selection, up to eight channels of AES out (XLR, multi-pin)
- Expanded return monitoring capabilities, with three camera returns
- Dedicated communication circuit (PL)
- Built-in slate microphone and external slate microphone input connector
- Powered by AA-battery x5 or isolated (floating) external DC, 10-18V
- Metalized, gasketed carbon-fiber chassis panels for light weight and durability
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sound Devices SKU SSDE664 Model Sound Devices 664 GTIN N/A