The ECM-VG1 is a super-cardioid electret condenser microphone has been designed for professional field and studio productions at an affordable price. The build is exceptionally lightweight and features an innovative windscreen that helps suppress wind noise when on location recordings.
- Outstanding Sound Quality
- The ECM-VG1 delivers exceptionally smooth and natural sound reproduction. It has a flat-and-wide frequency response (40 Hz to 20 kHz), excellent sensitivity of -33 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa), and a low inherent noise level of less than 18 dB SPL.
- Compact and Extremely Lightweight Design with Metal Body
- Designed as an extremely lightweight shotgun microphone, the ECM-VG1 maintains good balance even when mounted on compact camcorders.
- Built-in Low-cut Filter
- The built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch provides a simple method of reducing the effects of unwanted ambient noise.
- External DC (40 to 52 V) Operation
- The ECM-VG1 provides an electronically balanced output operation on 48 V standard external power.
- Innovative Windscreen
- The ECM-VG1 is supplied with an innovative windscreen that has an internal frame to rigidly fix the windscreen, creating a space between the microphone and the outside part of the windscreen that helps suppress strong wind noise. It also protects the ECM-VG1 from contact noise in harsh operational environments such as outdoor shooting.
- Capsule Type: Mono Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Directivity: Uni-directional (super-cardioid)
- Sensitivity *: -33 dB ±3 dB
- Output Impedance *: 60Ω±20%, Balanced
- Dynamic Range: 107 dB or more
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio *: 76 dB or more
- Inherent Noise *: 18 dB SPL or less
- Induction Noise From External Magnetic Field *: 0 dB SPL
- Wind Noise *: 45 dB SPL or less (with windscreen)
- Maximum Input Sound Pressure Level *: 125 dB SPL
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sony SKU SSONECMVG1 Model ECM-VG1 GTIN 04905524730760