Sonnet SONNET xMAC Pro Server - Thunderbolt 2-to-PCI Express Expansion System and 4U Rrackmount Enclosure for Mac Pro
Building on the concept of their award-winning xMac mini Server PCIe 2.0 expansion system/1U rackmount enclosure for Mac® mini, Sonnet designed a 4U rackmount enclosure exclusively for the new Mac Pro, and integrated the three PCIe 2.0 slots, 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, and expandability of Echo Express III-R Thunderbolt 2 expansion chassis for PCIe cards.
Like the III-R, Sonnet xMac Pro Server provides space for you to mount additional equipment, such as storage expansion. To support a wide range of popular mobile racks, carts and portable rack cases, xMac Pro Server is just 16" deep. The xMac Pro Server securely holds the computer and installed cards, making your Mac Pro fully rack- and road-ready.
Sonnet's xMac Pro Server supports three full-length PCIe cards. It integrates a universal 300W power supply and includes a 75W PCIe power connector for cards that require supplementary power, such as the Avid® Pro Tools|HDX or the new RED® ROCKET-X. Even with all that power, xMac Pro Server is enviro-friendly; it automatically powers the PCIe expansion system on or off whenever the connected computer powers on or wakes, or powers off or sleeps, respectively.
Sonnet xMac Pro Server Key Features:
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion for Mac Pro - Use high-performance PCIe cards with your new Mac Pro
- Makes Your Mac Pro Road-Ready - 4U rackmount enclosure securely holds the computer and PCIe cards in place, adding mobility to your Mac
- Three PCIe Slots - Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface - Maximum performance with Mac Pro, backward compatible with devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Power for High Performance PCIe Cards - Integrated 300W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; 75W auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET-X
- Provides Space for Installing Additional Devices - Using optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, you can install HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive, and more inside the xMac Pro Server's enclosure
- Remarkably Quiet - Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans automatically and quietly cool the cards
- Front Panel Operation, Rear Panel Connectivity - Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac Pro; USB 3.0 port enables connection of keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.; two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, and HDMI ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient - Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac Pro is sleeping or off
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion - Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices when other Mac Pro Thunderbolt ports are in use
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported - Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Additional Cost - No extra charge for a 5-year warranty
|Model||Sonnet SONNET xMAC Pro Server|