Sonnet Echo Express III-R Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis (Rackmount)
The Sonnet Echo Express III-R is a compact rackmount thunderbolt expansion chassis that is capable of housing up to 3 high performance PCIe cards and allowing connectivity to any Mac with Thunderbolt port.
The chassis has an integrated 300w power supply with a 75w auxiliary power connector as well as two large, temperature controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards. The interior design of the Echo Express III-R minimises airflow turbulence and velocity to provide quieter cooling allowing for the chassis to be used in noise sensitive environments.
Maximum performance is achieved with computers using Thunderbolt 2 technology but the Echo Express III-R is backwards compatible with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology.
Sonnet Echo Express III-R Key Features:
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion - Use high-performance PCIe cards with Thunderbolt-equipped computers
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface - Maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Three PCIe Slots - Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Remarkably Quiet - Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards, plus computer-modeled design that reduces airflow turbulence and velocity, combine to provide quieter cooling for all cards
- Integrated Universal Power Supply - Built-in 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Steel Housing - Provides robust and secure protection for any environment
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported - Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Extra Cost - No extra charge for full 5-year warranty
- New Thunderbolt Cable & Lock Included - Includes Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt cable lock to secure cable from accidental disconnections