Sonifex RM-E1X - Reference Monitor Doly E Decoder XLR AES Expansion Card for RM-4C8
The expansion boards for the Reference Monitor RM-4C8 allow the monitoring of a digital audio stream containing either Linear PCM or Dolby* encoded audio. The Sonifex RM-E1X has 2 x XLR inputs to accept AES/EBU level inputs.
Dolby data is decoded and passed to the Reference Monitor as either a stereo down mix or the full complement of individual channels. If the signal is standard Linear PCM, then this audio data is simply passed straight through. The input is re-transmitted with minimal delay, to allow connection to other equipment.
Sonifex RM-E1X Specifications
- AES Input/Output: 110Ω transformer coupled balanced I/O
- Sample Rates: 32 - 48 kHz
- Audio Formats:
- Linear PCM
- Dolby E (16, 20 and 24 bit)
- Dolby Digital (16 and 32 bit)
- AES Input: 1 x XLR 3 pin socket
- AES Output: 1 x XLR 3 pin plug