Sonifex RB-VHEDD8 - 3G/HD/SD-SDI Dolby E Encoder & Embedder
The Sonifex RB-VHEDD8 is an SDI audio de-embedder and re-embedder with Dolby® E Encoding capabilities. Dolby E encodes up to 8 channels of audio into two channels of an AES digital audio stream which is then embedded onto any of the available groups within each of the two video output paths. The encoded Dolby E bitstream is also available via a dedicated output on the rear panel.
The audio inputs to the Encoder can be selected to come from the external digital audio inputs via the BNC or D-type connections on the rear panel or from embedded audio contained in the incoming SDI input. The outputs from the de-embedder can also be re-embedded into the video outputs, along with the encoder inputs.
The digital audio I/O connections are transformer-coupled balanced line interfaces and can be configured to be either 75Ω (AES 3ID) or 110Ω (AES 3) impedance through either a BNC or via the D-type connector. These connections are paralleled, allowing one type to be used per input or output.
It has a triple rate SDI receiver with automatic input rate detection and equalisation along with two re-clocked and individually buffered SDI outputs. It supports the full range of 3G, HD and SD standards from NTSC and PAL up to 1080p 60Hz.
The metadata used for the encoding process can be selected to come from either the external 9-pin D-type on the rear panel, from metadata embedded into the vertical blanking area of the video input (SMPTE 2020), or by settings stored internally.There is also remote I/O available from the rear panel through a 25 way D-type connector. These are fully configurable.
The unit is controlled locally through the front panel display but can be remote controlled via an Ethernet connection using the Sonifex SCi software.There is independent level control for every channel, which can be adjusted from -24dB through to +24dB in 0.5dB steps.
Sonifex RB-VHEDD8 Specifications
- SDI Input: 1 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI
- SDI Outputs: 2 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, re-clocked
- Impedance: 75Ω
- Output Alignment Jitter: <0.2UI (3G <0.3UI)
- Output Level: 800mV ±10%
- Return Loss: <15dB at 1500MHz
- SDI Supported Standards:
- 270Mbps, SMPTE-259M-C (SD)
- 1.485 or 1.4835Gbps, SMPTE-292M (HD)
- 2.97 or 2.967Gbps, SMPTE-424M (3G), SMPTE-425M-A
- Supported Video Formats:
- 525/59.94 (SMPTE-125M)
- 625/50 (ITU-R BT.656)
- 720p/23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 (SMPTE-296M)
- 1035i/59.94, 60 (SMPTE-260M)
- 1080i/50, 59.94, 60 (SMPTE-274M)
- 1080p/23.98, 24, 25, 50, 59.94, 60 (SMPTE-274M)
- 1080pSF/23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 (RP-211)
- 1080i/50 (SMPTE-295M)
- 1080p/50 (SMPTE-295M)
- Embedded Audio:
- 24-bit, 48kHz synchronous
- SMPTE-RDD06, 9-Pin D-type
- Video Delay: 1 frame when frame rate <= 30 fps, 2 frames when frame rate > 30 fps.
- Adjustment: +/- 10 ms.
- Output Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Input Sample Rates:
- CH1/2 & CH3/4: 32-192kHz
- CH5/6 & CH7/8: 32-48kHz
- Input & Output Impedance: 75Ω/110Ω selectable
- Signal Level (un-terminated): Unbalanced: 1Vp-p ±20%
- Balanced: 6.6Vp-p ±20%
- Digital Audio I/O Inputs:
- 8 x digital audio input channels via
- 4 x BNCs or 25 way D-type socket (AES3)
- Outputs: 2 output channels via 1 x BNC or 25 way D-type socket (AES3)
- Digital Audio Connectors:
- 5 x BNC
- 1 x 25-way D-type socket
- LTC Input: 1 x BNC (not used)
- Display: Vacuum fluorescent display
- System Navigation: Rotary selector with integral push-switch
- Ethernet Port: 10/100Mbps, RJ-45
- Remote Input/Output Port: 25-way ‘D’-type socket
- Power Supply: Universal filtered IEC, continuously rated 85-264VAC @47-63Hz, fused
- Fuse Rating: Anti-surge fuse 2A 20 x 5mm
- Dimensions (Raw):
- 48cm (W) x 15.8cm (D*)x 4.2cm (H)
- 19” (W) x 6.2” (D*) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Dimensions (Boxed):
- 59cm (W) x 27.5cm (D) x 11cm (H)
- 23.2” (W) x 10.8” (D) x 4.3” (H)
- Nett: 1.8kg Gross: 2.3kg
- Nett: 4.0lb Gross: 5.1lb
- RB-VHEDD8: 3G/HD/SD-SDI Dolby® E encoder