The Sonifex RB-SS10 10 way stereo analogue source selector/mixer is a 1U rack-mount unit that produces a stereo analogue audio output from 10 selectable stereo analogue sources. There are 10 illuminated front panel push-buttons, which select and indicate the current channel selection. The selection and indication is also available through a remote connector on the rear panel. To stop accidental front panel selection there is a remote input to inhibit the front panel buttons.
Two of the stereo inputs are on XLR so that you can hot-plug audio sources, e.g. portable recorders. As well as being able to act as a source select module, the RB-SS10 can act as a mixer, by enabling the mix mode (using the remote input).
The gain for left and right inputs can be individually adjusted by using the pre-set potentiometers on the front panel. As well as routing the selected audio signal, the unit will also route a remote signal input through the remote connector to the selected input source, for starting external audio equipment such as a CD player.
The front panel headphone output has its own volume control, which is independent of the level adjustment for the main outputs, and has a maximum output level of +12dBu. The volume control can be made to also alter the output level of the main XLR outputs by using a switch on the rear panel to enable/disable this feature.
There is a designation strip on the front panel, useful for giving the buttons a meaningful description. The strip covers the input gain controls so that once configured, they can’t easily be altered - ideal for installation work. The LED on the front panel is used to indicate that power is present on the unit.
Sonifex RB-SS10 Specifications
- Input Impedance: 20kΩ bridging
- Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Max Input Level: +28dBu
- Max Output Level: +28dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB (600Ω load, ref 1kHz)
- Input Gain Range: Adjustable 8dB loss to 20dB gain (L & R adjust) via front panel adjustable preset potentiometers
- Common Mode Rejection: >66dB typically
- Noise: -96dB unity gain ref +8dBu
- Max Headphone Output Level: +12dBu
- 4 x XLR 3 pin female (2 x stereo) (balanced, can be unbalanced)
- 2 x 25 way D-type socket (female) (4 stereo balanced channels on each)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR 3 pin male (stereo balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Remote Start I/O: 25 way D-type plug (male)
- Remote Select/Switch Inputs: 25 way D-type socket (female)
- Status Outputs: 25 way D-type socket (female)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, 110V-120V, or 220-240V switchable, fused, 6W maximum
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 160mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 315mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 19” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.5kg Gross: 2.0kg
- Nett: 3.3lbs Gross: 4.4lbs