Sonifex RB-SP1 Digital Splitter & Combiner
The Sonifex RB-SP1 Digital Splitter & Combiner is used to interface various double sampling pieces of equipment. Some older equipment uses 2 AES/EBU connectors for double sampling with each connector carrying an audio signal at a normal frame rate, whilst other equipment has a single connector using twice the frame rate.
The RB-SP1 can interface between them, either combining the signals from 2 XLR’s into 1, or splitting the signal from 1 XLR into 2.
The RB-SP1 can also be used for interfacing stereo and mono signals to digital mixing desks by splitting the left and right signals of a stereo XLR to two separate XLR’s, and vice versa by combining them.
Additionally, a sample rate converter on the second digital input can be used to convert the sample rate of the secondary input to that of the primary input. The RB-SP1 can handle sample rates up to 96kHz and sample sizes of 16, 20 and 24 bit.
There are two types of operation : Split 96, and Stereo/Mono. These each have three different switch modes : Split, Bypass and Combine. (Download the product handbook for further information on what this product can do).
Both inputs and outputs can be selected as either AES/EBU or S/PDIF with the resultant digital level following the switch selection.
Sonifex RB-SP1 Specifications
- Input Impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced (AES/EBU)
- Input Impedance: 75Ω ±5% unbalanced (S/PDIF)
- Signal Level:
- 3V/10V peak to peak min/max (AES/EBU)
- 0.5V ±20% peak to peak (S/PDIF)
- Bit Depth: Up to and including 24 bit
- Distortion & Noise: -114dB THD + N at 1kHz, ref 0dB FS
- Output Impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced (AES/EBU)
- Output Impedance: 75Ω ±5% unbalanced (S/PDIF)
- Sample Freq Range: 30-100kHz (i.e. including 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 120dB
- Audio Inputs:
- 2 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female (balanced)
- 2 x S/PDIF RCA phono female (unbalanced) (Input button selects between AES/EBU and S/PDIF)
- Audio Outputs:
- 2 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin male (balanced)
- 2 x S/PDIF RCA phono female (unbalanced), (Output button selects between AES/EBU and S/PDIF)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, continuously rated 85-264VAC @ 47-63Hz, max 10W
- Fuse Rating: Anti-surge fuse 1A 20 x 5mm
- 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 19” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.6kg Gross: 2.2kg
- Nett: 3.5lbs Gross: 4.8lbs