The Sonifex RB-MA2 consists of two independent low-noise microphone pre-amplifiers for converting mic level signals to line level, or for driving long lines from microphones to processing equipment.
All connections and controls are on the rear panel. The microphone inputs are XLR-3 type and are electronically balanced. The input gain for each input can be adjusted individually by a recessed pre-set potentiometer which allows for the use of both dynamic and powered microphones.
The XLR-3 line outputs are electronically balanced and can be wired unbalanced by grounding the non-phase signal, allowing you to feed both balanced and unbalanced equipment.
For each channel there are independent switches to control a high pass filter (low frequency roll-off at 125Hz) and to provide phantom power at +48V to the connected microphones.
Sonifex RB-MA2 Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: -10dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 125Hz @ 6dB/octave
- E.I.N.: 130dB
- Common Mode Rejection: >60dB typically
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB (600Ω load, ref 1kHz)
- Input Impedance: 2kΩ nominal balanced
- Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Gain Range: Adjustable 36dB to 75dB gain (each input)
- Distortion: 0.01% THD @ 1kHz, ref +8dBu output
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Input: 2 x XLR 3 pin female (Balanced)
- Output: x XLR 3 pin male (Balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, switchable 110-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 6W max
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 28cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 11” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.00kg Gross: 1.45kg
- Nett: 2.2lbs Gross: 3.2lbs