The Sonifex RB-MA1 consists of a low noise microphone pre-amplifier for converting mic level signals to line level, or for driving long lines from microphones to mixing equipment.
The connections and controls are on the rear panel. The microphone input is an XLR-3 type and is electronically balanced. The gain for the input can be adjusted by a recessed pre-set potentiometer which allows for the use of both dynamic and powered microphones.
The line output is of an XLR-3 type and is electronically balanced. It can be wired unbalanced by grounding the non-phase signal, allowing you to feed both balanced and unbalanced equipment.
There is a switch to control a high pass filter (low frequency roll-off at 125Hz) and to provide phantom power at +48V to the connected microphone.
Sonifex RB-MA1 Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: -10dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 125Hz @ 6dB/octave
- E.I.N.: 130dB
- Common Mode Rejection: >60dB typically
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB (600Ω load, ref 1kHz)
- Input Impedance: 2kΩ nominal balanced
- Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Gain Range: Adjustable 36dB to 75dB gain
- Distortion: 0.01% THD @ 1kHz, ref +8dBu output
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Input: 1 x XLR 3 pin female (Balanced)
- Output: 1 x XLR 3 pin male (Balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, switchable 110-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 6W max
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 28cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 11” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 0.90kg Gross: 1.35kg
- Nett: 2lbs Gross: 3lbs