Sonifex RB-DEDD8 Dolby E & Dolby Digital Decoder 8 Channel, Digital Outputs
The Sonifex RB-DEDD8 is a Dolby® E & Dolby Digital Decoder. It decodes an incoming Dolby bitstream and transmits the decoded outputs on BNC or D-type connectors on the rear panel. The Dolby input is also looped through to allow connection to other Dolby receiver equipment.
Each digital output channel has independent level control, which can be adjusted from -24dB through to +24dB in 0.5dB steps. The digital inputs and outputs can be selected to be either balanced or unbalanced AES/EBU specification, and can be connected through either BNC or D-type connectors. These I/O connections are paralleled, allowing one type to be used per input or output.
The metadata output from the decoder is transmitted using RS-485 via the external 9-pin D-type socket on the rear panel and can also be viewed using the SCi software.
A video input is used to genlock the audio outputs and Dolby® E decoding to a known video reference. This input autodetects between NTSC, PAL or Tri-level sync.
8 general purposes inputs and 8 outputs are available on a rear panel 25 way D-type socket whose function can be programmed using the menu, e.g. alarm outputs for loss of input or decoder errors.
The unit is controlled locally through the front panel display but can be remote controlled via an ethernet connection using the Sonifex SCi software.
Sonifex RB-DEDD8 Specifications
- Output Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Input Sample Rates: 32-48kHz
- Input & Output Impedance: 75Ω/110Ω selectable
- Signal Level (Un-terminated):
- Unbalanced: 1Vp-p ±20%
- Balanced: 6.6Vp-p ±20%
- Digital Audio I/O:
- Dolby Input: 1 x Dolby bitstream input via BNC
- Outputs: 8 x Digital audio output channels & 2 x Auxiliary audio output (stereodownmix) channels via 5 x BNCs or 25 way D-type socket
- Dolby Output: 1 x Dolby bitstream output via BNC or D-type
- Digital Audio Connectors:
- 7 x BNC
- 1 x 25 way D-type socket
- Metadata: SMPTE-RDD06, 9 way D-type socket
- Reference Type: Autodetect NTSC, PAL or Tri-level sync
- Impedance: 75Ω
- Connector: 1 x BNC
- LTC Output: 1 x BNC (not used)
- Display: Vacuum fluorescent display
- System Navigation: Rotary selector with integral push-switch
- Ethernet Port: 10/100Mbps, RJ-45
- Remote Input/Output Port: 25-way ‘D’-type socket
- Serial Port: RS232, 9 way D-type socket
- Power Supply: Universal filtered IEC, continuouslyrated 85-264VAC @47-63Hz, fused
- Fuse Rating: Anti-surge fuse 1A 20 x 5mm
- 48cm (W) x 15.8cm (D*)x 4.2cm (H)
- 19” (W) x 6.2” (D*) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.8kg Gross: 2.3kg
- Nett: 4.0lb Gross: 5.1lb