Sonifex RB-DDA6A-2P - 6 Way Stereo AES/EBU Digital Distribution Amplifier Dual PSU
The Sonifex RB-DDA6A-2P digital distribution amplifier is used for distributing digital audio data in AES/EBU format, repeating both the audio data and the status information of the input whilst re-normalising to standard digital audio levels.
It has a single XLR-3 female AES/EBU audio input which is distributed to 6 XLR-3 male AES/EBU outputs.Applications include distributing audio from a digital mixing desk to multiple digital recorders, or feeding multiple studios with an output from a DAT machine.
It can accept input sample rates in the range of 30kHz - 100kHz, and bit rates of 16, 20 and 24 bit. So, it can be used for standard CD signal distribution at 16 bit 44.1kHz, as well as for high quality 24 bit 96kHz recording.
The unit provides redundancy protection by using two power supply units that can be supplied from separate mains feeds. The unit automatically load shares between the two supplies so that if either supply should fail the unit will continue to work correctly. If both supplies fail the input is connected directly to output 1.
The condition of the two supplies is indicated on the front panel by two red LEDs which illuminate to indicate the correct function of the supply. On the alarm output connector there is a changeover relay to indicate the status of each supply. This is normally closed to indicate power fail and once the supply is working correctly the relay activates to make a normally open contact.
Sonifex RB-DDA6A-2P Specifications
- Input impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced
- Output impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced
- Sample Freq Range: 30-100kHz (i.e. including 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz
- Signal Level: 2V/7V peak to peak min/max
- Audio Inputs: 1 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female (balanced)
- Audio Outputs: 6 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin male (balanced)
- Alarm Outouts: 2 x Relay output indicators on 1 x 9 pin D-Type socket
- Mains Input: 2 x Filtered IEC, 85-264V switchable, fused, 6W max
- Fuse Rating: 2 x Anti-surge fuse 1A 20 x 5mm
- 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 19” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.5kg Gross: 2.0kg
- Nett: 3.3lbs Gross: 4.4lbs