Sonifex RB-DAC1 - Digital to Analogue Converter
Using 24 bit, 96kHz capable devices, the Sonifex RB-DAC1 D/A Converter is a 1U rack-mount which produces a stereo balanced XLR or unbalanced phono output from an incoming AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital input signal. There is also a headphone output with volume control for monitoring purposes.
The analogue outputs have an output level control, allowing full-scale settings selectable from +12dBu, +18dBu or +24dBu. The RCA phono outputs have a further 8.5dBu attenuation incorporated.
There is a button to select either the AES/EBU or S/PDIF input for the D/A converter, which is located on the rear panel. Additionally, if de-emphasis is selected, the RB-DAC1 will decode 50/15µs emphasis when indicated by certain channel status bits in the incoming digital audio data.
When operating, the front panel power LED flashes whenever the unit is not synchronised to the incoming digital signal.
Sonifex RB-DAC1 Specifications
- Maximum Output Level:
- +24dBu balanced, +14dBu unbalanced
- +12dBu headphone
- Output Impedance: <50Ω balanced, <75Ω unbalanced
- Dynamic Range: 100dB
- Gain Range: Selectable 12dBu, 18dBu or 24dBu output level, ref FSD
- Headphone Output: Drives 150mW into 32Ω to 600Ω professional headphones
- Distortion & Noise: <0.01% THD + N @1kHz, ref 0dBu
- Sample Freq. Range: 30kHz - 100kHz
- Digital Input Select: AES/EBU or S/PDIF, via push-button
- Gain Select: DIP switch
- De-emphasis On/Off: DIP switch
- Digital Inputs:
- 1 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female
- 1 x S/PDIF RCA phono
- Analogue Outputs:
- 2 x XLR 3 pin male (balanced)
- 2 x RCA phono (unbalanced)
- Headphone Output: 1 x ¼” (6.35mm) A/B-gauge 3-pole stereo jack sockets
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, 110V-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 10W max
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 19” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.4kg Gross: 2.0kg
- Nett: 3.1lbs Gross: 4.4lbs