The Sonifex RB-DA6R is a 1U rack-mount high performance 6 way stereo distribution amplifier for splitting a source into a number of different outputs. The amplifier provides multiple balanced audio outputs using RJ45 connectors wired to the StudioHub+ standard.
By using RJ45 outputs, it allows simpler CAT5 cabling to used to connect the amplifier to other products. The RB-DA6R has one stereo input which is switchable via a rear panel push switch between paralleled balanced inputs (2 x XLR sockets or 1 x stereo input on RJ45) and unbalanced inputs (1 pair of stereo phono sockets).
The unit has 6 stereo outputs on 6 x RJ45 connectors. The unit can also be configured so that 1 mono input can be distributed to 12 outputs by use of a switch which is recessed on the front panel to prevent it being accidentally knocked.
The inputs and outputs are electronically balanced and can be wired unbalanced. Each output is individually buffered so that a short circuit on one output won’t affect the others. The left and right input gain controls (normalising) are pre-set potentiometers accessible through the front panel.
The output gain may be varied from -8dB to 18dB which is useful for normalising consumer and professional signals to give outputs of -15dBu and 0dBu respectively.
Sonifex RB-DA6R Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: +28dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB (600Ω load, ref 1kHz)
- Gain Range: Adjustable 8dB loss to 18dB gain (L & R adjust)
- Common Mode Rejection: >66dB typically
- Input impedance:
- >20kΩ bridging (balanced)
- >10kΩ (ubalanced)
- Output impedance: <50Ω
- Distortion: 0.01% THD @ 1kHz, ref +8dBu output
- Noise: -100dB unity gain, ref +8dBu output
- 2 x XLR 3 pin female, 1 x RJ45 socket balanced)
- 2 x phono sockets (unbalanced)
- Outputs: 6 x RJ45 sockets (all balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, switchable 110-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 6W max
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 19” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.3kg Gross: 1.9kg
- Nett: 2.9lbs Gross: 4.2lbs