The Shure X2U is an XLR to USB adapter that lets you connect your microphone to your computer without the need for a dedicated audio interface or microphone preamp.
What is the X2u best suited to?
The Shure X2u, combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
Will it work with my computer?
The X2u is compatible with Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
Can I use a condenser microphone with the X2U?
The X2U does have phantom power so yes you can connect your condenser microphone straight into the computer
Do I need software to make the X2U work?
No - it is a plug and play solution
And what about latency?
Latency can be described as the time taken between initiating a request in the computer and receiving the answer. You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
What is monitor mix control?
With Monitor Mix Control you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
Shure X2u Features
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3 m USB cable and zippered pouch
Shure X2u Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB
- Power Requirements: USB-powered, 500 mA, maximum
- Digital Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted)
- Minimum MIC GAIN setting: −81 dB FS
- Maximum MIC GAIN setting: −78 dB FS
- Sampling Rate: up to 48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Peak Signal Indicator (Tri-color)
- OFF: −30 dB FS
- Green: −30 to −12 dB FS
- Yellow: −12 to 0 dB FS
- Red: >0 (digital converter clipped)
- Adjustable Gain Range: 50 dB
- Headphone Output: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)