The Shure SCM810E is an eight-channel automatic microphone mixer designed for use in sound reinforcement, audio recording, and broadcast applications. The SCM810 dramatically improves audio quality in any application where multiple microphones are required.
- Increases the clarity and intelligibility of speech
- Dramatically reduces feedback, reverberation, and comb filtering
- Automates several rigorous operator functions
- Minimizes set up time - plug and play
- Frees up channels on the mixing console
The SCM810 can be used as a turnkey mixing solution in a variety of speech applications:
- Fixed Audio Installations - houses of worship, schools, conference facilities, legislature, hotels
- Portable Applications - rentals, A/V carts, portable audio racks
- Interfaces with Crestron control systems
Automatic mixing is a tremendous problem-solving tool allowing sound system installers to eliminate common problems such as insufficient gain before feedback and muddy speech quality. Shure is the industry leader in automatic mixing with our unique IntelliMix technology. IntelliMix automatically gates microphones on and off to optimize sound quality in conference facilities, houses of worship, governmental institutions, schools, etc.
Any low-impedance dynamic or condenser microphone (including wireless) can be used with the SCM810. Multiple SCM810 mixers can be linked to other SCM810 mixers, as well as to Shure Models SCM410, and SCM800.
Each input channel has a two-band equalizer and three logic terminals. The equalizer reduces unwanted low-frequency audio pickup and makes different microphone types-lavaliers, boundary and handheld sound similar. The logic terminals can be used to control external devices. Each mixer is supplied with a power cord, rack-mounting hardware, and a link cable.
The operating concept behind the SCM810 Automatic Mixer is Shure's patented* IntelliMix circuitry. Intellimix delivers seamless automatic mixing by combining three separate functions:
- Noise Adaptive Threshold: Distinguishes between constant background noise (such as air conditioning) and changing sound (such as speech) for each input channel. It continuously adjusts the activation threshold so that only speech levels louder than the background noise activate a channel.
- MaxBus: Controls the number of channels that may be activated for a single sound source. One talker activates only one channel, even if multiple microphones “hear” that talker.
- Last Mic Lock-On: Keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated. Without Last Mic Lock-On, a long pause in conversation would cause all microphones to turn off, which would sound as if the audio signal had been lost. Last Mic Lock-On ensures that background ambience is always present.
Shure SCM810E Features
- Fast, noise-free microphone selection, which automatically adjusts to changes in background noise
- Automatic gain adjustment as additional microphones are activated-NOMA (Number of Open Microphones Attenuated)
- Last Mic Lock-On circuit maintains ambient sound
- Adjustable low-frequency roll off and high-frequency shelving for each channel
- Channel activation and clipping indicators
- Active balanced microphone-level XLR inputs and an active balanced Mic/Line level XLR output
- Aux-level input with manual level control
- Front-panel headphones output with level control
- Peak-responding output limiter with selectable tresholds and LED indicator
- Linking capability for up to 400 microphones
Shure SCM810E Specifications
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance Input: 10 kΩ
- Impedance Output: Line: 60 Ω; Headphones: 300 Ω; Direct Out: 1000 Ω; Send/Return: 1000 Ω
- Maximum input level:
- Mic: -15 dBV
- Line: +22 dBV
- Aux: +22 dBV
- Send/Return: +18 dBV
- Maximum output level:
- Line: +18 dBV
- Headphones: +12 dBV
- Direct Out: +18 dBV
- Send/Return: +18 dBV
- Total harmonic Distortion: < 0,1 % at +18 dBV output level, 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Operating Voltage: 230 Vac, 50/60 Hz, 100 mA, maximum
- Dimensions: 483 mm x 317 mm x 44,5 mm
- Weight: 4300 g
- Input Channel Activation
- Attack Time: 4 ms
- Hold Time: 0.4 s (Switchable to 1.0 s)
- Decay Time: 0.5 s
- Off-Attenuation: 15 dB (switchable to ∞)
- Low–frequency: 6 dB/octave cut, adjustable corner from 25 to 320 Hz
- High–frequency: ± 6 dB at 5 kHz, 8 dB at 10 kHz, shelving
- Type: Peak
- Threshold Switchable: off, +4, +8, +16 dBm
- Attack Time: 2 ms
- Recovery Time: 300 ms
- Indicator: Lights red when limiting occurs