Sennheiser MKH 8020
The omni-directional Sennheiser MKH 8020 is ideal for recording large and small sound sources, for Decca Tree recording and, thanks to its lack of proximity effect, also works great for close miking. Its vast frequency response of 10Hz-60kHz makes it a natural for pipe organ, grand piano and double bass.
Part of the new MKH 8000 microphone series, it offers impressive clarity with a simple yet profound modular design that cuts self-noise and distortion to the barest minimum. Along with the microphones, you get the MZX8000 XLR module, MZQ8000 microphone clip, MZW8000 windshield and aluminum transport case.
Sennheiser MKH 800 Features
- Onmi-directional pick-up pattern
- Modular design
- VERY wide frequency response
- Symmetrical transducer with 2 backplates for extremely low distortion
- Extremely low inherent self-noise
- Accurate directional pattern
- Non-reflective Nextel coating
- Ideal for stereo and surround recordings, as an M microphone and for ambience
- 19mm in diameter and 3.5" long