Schoeps CMC6 Ug Colette Series Microphone - 12-48V Phantom Preamplifier
The Schoeps CMC6 Ug is a Colette Series microphone preamplifier in a grey finish for use with compatible Schoeps capsules. There are twenty available types of capsules that can be combined with this preamplifier.
The CMC 6 U is designed for standard 48- and 12-Volt phantom powering. Its circuitry recognizes the supply voltage and adjusts itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain essentially the same either way; mainly, the difference is that the current drawn at 12 Volts is greater than at 48 Volts. However, the 12-Volt mode consumes less power and might be preferred for battery-powered recording.
The microphone amplifier provides the electrostatic charge which the capsule requires in order to produce a signal. Since only a miniscule amount of current is contained in this signal, amplification of the current is required. To avoid interference to the signal on the way from the microphone to the input of the mixer or preamp, the signal is conveyed at low impedance and in balanced form. The CMC 6 U amplifier offers a symmetrical, transformerless, direct-coupled Class A output stage with low impedance, low distortion, and high freedom from interference.
Schoeps CMC6 Ug Features
- Flat frequency response
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Balanced, very low-impedance output
- Can be used with very long cables
- Well-protected against RFI
- For use with 12- or 48-Volt phantom powering
- Powering voltage: 12 / 48 V
- Current consumption with 12 V: 8 mA
- Current consumption with 48 V: 4 mA
- Impedance (at 12 V): 25 Ω
- Impedance (at 48 V): 35 Ω
- Low-cut frequency: 20 Hz
- Maximum output voltage: 1 V
- Minimum recommended load impedance: 600 Ω
- Length: 116 mm
- Diameter: 20 mm
- Weight: 60 g
- Surface finish matte gray (g)