The PCM8 is an 8 input / 8 output SADiE system running full SADiE5. The affordable PCM8 is ideal for general purpose stereo and surround mastering applications, music and radio production and all general high-end and advanced editing requirements. It may be additionally configured to customer requirements to provide a range of additional functions from the extensive range available.
In hardware terms the PCM8 comprises a PCI plug in card and provides 8 channels of line input and output as well as digital i/o. The i/o is accomplished via a dedicated Break Out Box (BOB-800) which provides unbalanced line level i/o on quarter inch jack and AES/EBU digital i/o on XLR connectors. Balanced i/o can be provided in the form of the BOB-800B option.
The software offers the full flexibility provided by SADiE5 user interface. The PCM8 utilises the SADiE Series 5 hardware platform to meet the demand for more powerful high-speed processing of today's high-resolution audio formats up to 192kHz/24bit. The PCM8 features full support for real-time Direct-X plug-ins and standard Windows networking.
PCM 8 Features
- 8 inputs & 8 outputs
- real-time architecture
- up to 192kHz/24bit audio
- one button PQ editing
- AIFF, WAV, BWF file support
- professional plug-ins and DirectX support
- segment based automation
- optional hardware control interface with moving fader mixing
- multitrack editing
- project management
- background recording/backup
- backup to AIT, DDS, DLT, DVD-RAM
- 50 undo levels
- sample accurate waveform editing
- fully supports AES-31 interchange
- standard windows networking
- 19"rack mount hardware
- AES/EBU & unbalanced analogue i/o on break-out box
- wide range of optional plug-ins