Royer SF-24V Vacuum Tube Stereo Ribbon Microphone
The Royer SF-24V is a stereo, vacuum tube ribbon microphone and is the pinnacle in the SF-series of stereo microphones. The SF-24V delivers a smooth, natural sound with excellent stereo imaging and transient response.
Tube electronics provide increased midrange reach, unmatched clarity and detail, and an airiness previously unheard of in ribbon mics. These active electronics make for a more sensitive microphone and any professional preamp should provide enough gain.
The SF-24V is made of of two matched ribbon microphones that are placed one above the other in the Blumlein configuration positioned 90 degrees apart from each other.
The SF-24V works particularly well on orchestra, choir and ensembles, classical piano, drum overheads and most acoustic instruments and will always excel as a room mic capturing the ambiance of a given space.
Royer SF-24V Features
- Vacuum tube circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one coincident microphone
- High SPL capabilities
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements are not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of elements
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- High efficiency, matching toroidal transformers
- Very low magnetic leakage
- String Sections
- Solo Strings
- Brass and Woodwinds
- Acoustic Piano
- Drum Overheads
- Percussion Instruments
- Acoustic Guitars
- Large & Small Ensembles
- Stereo to Mono
Royer SF-24V Specifications
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with vacuum tube electronics.
- Vacuum Tube: JAN mil-spec 5840W pentode wired in triode configuration
- Polar Pattern: Crossed figure-8's
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Response: 30-15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -38 dB (re. 1v/pa +/-1dB)
- Self-Noise: < 18 dB
- Output Impedance: 450 Ohms @ 1K
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1500 Ohms or greater
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Microphone Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin (stereo*)
- Power Supply Output Connectors: Two Male XLR-3 pin
- Power Requirements: Plate supply: 135 VDC @2ma, Filament supply: 6 VDC@ 150ma from dedicated power supply.
- Supply Current: 4 mA per channel
- Microphone Dimensions: 270mm X 39mm (base) X 25mm (top) (10 5/8"X 1.5" X 1")
- Weight: 583 grams (20.5 oz)
- Finish: Dull Satin Nickel, Optical Black finish optional