Royer SF-2 - Active Ribbon Microphone
The Royer SF-2 is a compact, mono, phantom powered ribbon microphone designed primarily for classical applications and acoustic instruments. The SF-2 features active electronics that make it as sensitive as standard condenser microphones which allowing it to be used effectively with a variety of mic preamps.
The SF-2 has a flat, uniform frequency response with a figure-of-eight polar response, transient response is superb thanks to the 1.8 micron ribbon element. Off-axis coloration is negligible.
Supplied in an aluminium case with shock mount and mic sock.
Royer SF-2 Features
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- High SPL capabilities (130 dB @ 70 Hz)
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion.
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of microphone
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- High efficiency toroidal transformer and gold plated output connector
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Matte Black finish reduces reflected light for live and on-camera use
- Woodwinds, flute and other reed instruments
- Violin, cello and other stringed instruments
- Brass, string and woodwind sections
- Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo
- Percussion Instruments
- Drum Overheads
Royer SF-2 Specifications
- Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics.
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Range: 30 HZ - 15,000 HZ +/-2db
- Sensitivity: -38 dBv Ref 1 Volt per Pascal
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms @ 1khz
- Rated Load Impedance: > 1500 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: > 130 dB SPL
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Power Requirements: 48-Volt Phantom
- Supply Current: 4 mA
- High grade neodymium magnet assembly
- Stainless steel internal baffle and dampener
- Weight: 448 grams (15.8 oz.)
- Dimensions: 142 mm x 39mm (base) x 25mm (top)
- Finish: Matte black