Royer SF-12 - Stereo Coincident Dynamic Ribbon Microphone
The Royer SF-12 is a stereo ribbon microphone featuring two matched ribbons placed one above the other in the classic Blumlein configuration, 45 degrees from center. The SF-12 has excellent stereo separation, imaging and phase compatibility between the two sides.
The SF-12 comes with a Y adapter that splits into two labelled XLR connectors for the upper and lower capsules.
The SF-12 performs brilliantly across many applications including drum overheads, orchestras, piano and other acoustic instruments. Depending on the microphone placement, the SF-12 can be particularly useful for capturing the acoustic environment as well.
Royer SF-12 Features
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone.
- High SPL capabilities.
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise.
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity.
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion.
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of elements.
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance.
- High efficiency, matching toroidal transformers.
- Very low magnetic leakage.
- Drum Overheads
- Percussion Instruments
- Brass and Woodwinds
- Horn Sections
- Acoustic Piano
- Solo Strings
- String Sections
- Acoustic & Electric Guitars
- Background Vocals
- Stereo to Mono
Royer SF-12 Specifications
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Symmetrical figure-8
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Response: 30-15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: > -52 dBv Re. 1v/pa
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 nominal impedance
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin (stereo*)
- Dimensions: 206 mm L X 25 mm W (8" L X 1" W)
- Weight: 369 Grams (13 Oz)
- Finish: Matte Black Chrome, Dull Satin Nickel (optional)