Roland VC-30HD - Audio Video Converter Web Streaming & Capture
The Roland VC-30HD is a multi-input video converter and encoding device that accepts HDMI, Component, composite, S-Video, Firewire, and analog or digital audio via RCA, XLR, and AES-EBU. The VC-30HD can be selected to convert to DV, HDV, or MPEG-2 formats.
The VC-30HD combines audio and video sources together and encodes to two Firewire streams and a USB audio/video device - all simultaneously. This is ideal and convenient for archiving to multiple devices like Blu-ray or HDV deck while at the same time webstreaming through a video streaming service on a computer.
- Audio and video capture device for NLE’s
- Simultaneous USB and two Firewire outputs
- Webstream and archive to Blu-ray at the same time with redundancy
- Live event video streaming & recording applications
- Converts uncompressed analog/digital video to MPEG-2 TS/HDV/DV
- Enables audio embedding with both analog and digital audio
- Set bit rate from 2 to 50Mbps as well as audio delay using included PC/Mac utility
- Encoded video/audio can be simultaneously output via IEEE1394 and USB2.0
Built-in Audio Delay Setting
The VC-30HD has appropriate compensation built-in so audio and video are in sync from the USB or firewire ports with the delay setting at 0.
However, depending on the total signal flow from all connected devices and/or the encoding/streaming software being used, audio may not always be in sync. The audio delay setting in the VC-30HD is there to compensate for whatever may be happening outside the unit. Set the delay as required by watching the final encoded stream. Use a clapper or a percussive device to clearly match the sound to the video image. The VC-30HD allows up to 30 frames of delay compensation (1 second) in increments of 0.1 frames (3.3msec) - enabling the perfect lip sync.