Roland R-88 8-Channel Recorder and Mixer (Includes Carry Bag)
The Roland R-88 establishes a new standard in professional portable recording by providing seamless integration of a recorder, mixer and a multi-channel audio interface. With eight discrete channels of audio recording plus a stereo mix, the R-88 is ideal for demanding multi-channel applications such as location sound design, event production, event videography, and live musical performance.
The Roland R-88 includes all the features required by location sound professionals including a full on-board mixer, various timecode modes and slate tone/mic for memos. The stereo mix output on the R-88 is perfect for location sound recording applications enabling a stereo mix back to the camera to record reference audio or provides a stereo monitor output while simultaneously recording individual tracks. With 8 discrete outputs you can also embed the audio tracks into a SDI video feed by using a multi-channel SDI audio embedder. It also features professional AES/EBU digital I/O to digitally record from or send to a mixing console or other digital source.
The R-88's built-in mixer is equipped with a 3-band EQ enabling a quality stereo mix to be monitored and/or recorded simultaneously along with each discrete audio track. The large touch screen display enables clear and intuitive device setup and control. You can lock the display and front controls to avoid any accidental operations.
Beyond field applications the R-88 is nicely suited for post-production environments featuring a built-in 10-input/8-output USB audio interface for multi-channel recording. The eight-output ports are especially useful for surround projects. The interface function is also able to provide a backup record mechanism simultaneously recording all tracks to a DAW of choice.
The R-88 supports BWF and iXML metadata including tags such as SCENE, TAKE, TIMECODE_RATE, etc. This enables and intelligent and seamless interchange of data with editing systems such as Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools.
The R-88 is extremely portable weighing less than six pounds including eight AA batteries. Optional accessories include a custom carrying bag, and remote footswitch controllers for start, stop and record, marking functions, etc.
Roland R-88 Features
- Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz uncompressed linear PCM recording (up to 4 channels)
- 3 hours of recording time using 32GB SDHC card (24bit/96kHz, 10ch)
- 8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, AES/EBU input/output
- Built-in 8 channel mixer with 3-band EQ and MS microphone decoder
- Built-in 10in/8out USB audio interface to use with any common DAW
- Touch Panel Display for intuitive navigation
- SMPTE time code in/out for video sync
- BWF and iXML embedded metadata
- Supported power types – AA batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH battery, AC power, and 4-pin XLR external battery types.
Features in V1.10 Update:
- Polyphonic WAV Function - ability to save 2,4,6 or 8 channels in a single file
- Control the R-88 using MIDI via the Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI interface - mix with a MIDI-controllable fader unit
- Selectable input delay per channel - adjustable by 0.05 - 20 ms - ideal for surround micing
- Cut-off frequency per channel - adjustable range 60-250Hz
- Sensitivity gain and headphone boost functions
- Expanded footswitch parameters
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Roland SKU SROLR88 Model Roland R-88 GTIN N/A
£2,334.00 (inc. vat) £1,945.00 (ex. vat)