The RME MADI Router has four groups of three different MADI I/Os each and may be used as a patch bay and format converter between those. Apart from the fully transparent, stream-wise operation between its ports it improves upon the well-known MADI Bridge by letting users create output signals that combine audio channels from different MADI inputs (“Any-to-any”).
The device is controlled directly at the unit, where a full-colour TFT display informs the user about the current input status and routing situation. Channels from any input group can be copied to different output groups in blocks, which ensures flexibility while maintaining clarity and easy access. Presets can be stored both on the device itself and on an attached USB memory stick.
RME MADI Router Features
- 12 bridged MADI streams, including
- 4 composed MADI streams
- On-screen routing in 8-channel groups
- 12 MADI ports (4 x optical, 4 x coaxial, 4 x twisted pair)
- Redundant power supplies
- Word Clock I/O
- RME redundancy mode support
- USB connector for firmware updates and preset storage
|Model||RME MADI Router|