RME Fireface UFX - 60-Ch USB & Firewire Audio Interface
he RME Fireface UFX is the flagship model of RME's audio interfaces, with both USB and Firewire connectivity and a total of 60 channels of audio. The UFX provides almost every type of popular audio connection in a truly versatile system, which includes digitally controlled high-end preamps, reference class converters and full 192kHz operation.
The Fireface UFX's ultra-low latency operation with USB and FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, provides a professional recording solution.
The UFX allows for recording directly onto an external hard drive, using the USB connection on the front of the unit. This is useful for either creating a copy of everything you record, as you record it, or for continuous recording if your computer lets you down.
The Fireface UFX's qualities go beyond what's on its surface, with the inclusion of active jitter suppression, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and near identical operation and features on Windows and Mac
The RME Fireface UFX comes installed with TotalMix FX, the new digital high-end mixer and signal router, providing effects for each channel, including EQ, Dynamics, Reverb and Delay. Its advanced signal routing system allows for users to route inputs directly to outputs, useful for monitoring without latency issues.
At the heart of the UFX is a bright multi-functional colour display, providing complete control of all input and output channels, directly from the front of the unit. Providing added flexibility, the UFX's front panel also offers a MIDI input and output, as well as two heaphone outputs.
One feature that will prove incredibly useful if you require a mobile multi-channel recording solution is the UFX's "DUREC" function - Direct Usb RECording to drive - which can capture all inputs and outputs via the usb connection on the front panel directly to a flash or hard drive.
The RME Fireface UFX is a full-blown studio packed into a 19" enclosure. It's an interface designed for users who don't want to make compromises in sound, while its stand-alone stability and ultra-low latency operation provides a great package for users who long for an unrivalled professional feature set. Once again, a milestone interface from RME including the best of the best - and even a bit more.
RME Fireface UFX Features
- 30 Input Channels, 30 Output Channels
- 12 x Balanced Analogue Inputs
- 12 x Balanced Analogue Outputs, Including Two Dedicated Headphone Outputs on the Front of the Unit
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamps, Digitally Controlled using the Front Menu system
- 1 x AES/EBU Input and Output
- 2 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x ADAT I/O plus 1 x S/PDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock Input and Output
- 2 x MIDI Inputs, 2 x MIDI Outputs
- 1 x FireWire 400 Connection
- 1 x USB 2.0 Connection For Computer Connection, 1 x USB 2.0 Connection For Recording To Hard Drive
- TotalMix FX Digital Mixer For Signal Routing, with effects including 3-Band EQ, Dynamics, Reverb and Delay
- Additional Information
Manufacturer RME SKU SRMEFIREFACEUFX Model UFX GTIN 0874792004405