RME DMC-842 with I64 MADI Card
The RME DMC-842 is both an 8-channels AES42 interface as well as a controller for digital microphones. The unique device allows for connection and control of up to 8 digital microphones, and converting their signals to ADAT, AES/EBU, analog and MADI. Eight individually switchable hi-end sample rate converters offer a flexible clocking and further usage options, especially as the inputs are compatible to AES3 and AES/EBU too.
When developing the DMC-842, RME worked closely with the microphone manufacturers to secure maximum compatibility and best functionality. As a result the DMC-842 is the most flexible and most compatible AES42 interface available - a true milestone for the broad acceptance of the new digital microphone technology.
The DMC-842 is fully remote controllable, via MIDI, AES and MADI. The optional I64 MADI Card provides serial pass-through capability from one DMC-842 to the next (up to 8). All up to 64 audio signals are then available at the last device on one single line. Such a way of cascading is also possible with the Micstasy and the ADI-8 QS. The signals passed through the DMC-842 are available at the analog outputs, making an expensive splitter box on stage obsolete.
RME DMC-842 with I64 MADI Card Features
- Fully compatible to AES42
- 8 XLR AES42 inputs (AES3 compatible)
- 8 balanced XLR Line outputs
- 24 bit sample rate conversion switchable per input
- Digital Phantom Power switchable per input
- Supports Mode 1 and Mode 2
- 63 dB gain range per channel, even in asynchronous Mode 1
- LED level meter with 13 LEDs per channel
- M/S de-/encoding
- 4 x AES/EBU Out via D-sub, 8 channels at 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT Out, 8 channels at 96 kHz
- Includes MADI I/O (I64 MADI Card) with serial cascading and digital/analog return path
- MIDI I/O
- Fully remote controllable
- Future-proof by flash updates
|Model||RME DMC-842 M|