The RME ADI-2 is a both compact and extremely flexible 2-channel Hi-End AD/DA-converter. The small 9.5" unit offers top notch AD/DA-conversion from/to SPDIF, AES and ADAT, at up to 192 kHz. Its ability to use SPDIF, AES and ADAT format provides outstanding compatibility.
Key features of this extraordinary flexible converter are balanced inputs and outputs, monitoring via headphone out, SteadyClock for optimal converter quality, 3-stage hardware input and output level control, and its capability to run on a wide range of power supplied.
- Balanced stereo line input via two Neutrik XLR/phones combo jacks, a balanced stereo line output with XLR plus separate and simultaneously active phone jacks, as well as an adjustable headphone output.
- Analog inputs and outputs use the same circuit design as RME's famous ADI-8 DS, guaranteeing outstandingly low noise and distortion.
- Three different settings for the input and output levels each provide perfect compatibility on analog domain.
- A further highlight is SteadyClock(TM), a proprietary clock technology for maximum jitter suppression. SteadyClock guarantees superb sound quality completely independent from the quality of the current reference clock.
- The latest generation of AD/DA-converters capable of up to 192 kHz sampling frequency at S/N ratios up to 119 dBA.
- It also gives you exciting digital connectivity. Its transformer-balanced coaxial (RCA) SPDIF I/O has switchable Channel Status to make it fully AES/EBU compatible.
- Optical TOSLINK I/Os can handle up to 192 kHz and also serve as ADAT I/O with up to 96 kHz sample rate.
- SPDIF input and ADAT output or vice versa in AD/DA mode.
- External switching power supply. The unit's additional internal switching power supply has been specially designed and optimized for audio applications. It accepts any voltage from 7 to 30 V, be it AC or DC, and even runs on batteries and rechargeable batteries