Retro Instruments Power Strip - Tube Recording Channel
The Retro Instruments Power Strip is a Class A tube mic channel strip designed to emulate “vintage” sounding analogue desks and variable tube compressors in a single rack unit. Built to interface with all types of mic and instrument, yet still perform with a warm musical sound, the Power Strip is a versatile piece of outboard gear that will add new life to your recordings.
With passive Pultec style EQ and classic British variable tube compression/limiting, which can both be independently bypassed, the PowerStrip is a great sounding unit for all studios and users.
Retro Instruments Power Strip Features and Specifications
- Transformer coupled Class-A tube microphone preamplifier with phantom power.
- Industry-standard Passive EQ with authentic feel, controls and equalization curves.
- Classic British compression using a variable-mu tube.
- Front panel 1/4' instrument jack.
- Rear panel XLR mic and line inputs and line output are fully-floating transformer balanced to eliminate ground-induced hum and noise.
- Interstage-coupled Subsonic High-Pass Filter provides Peaking LF Boosts with alternate tonal characteristics.
- LF Boost Settings of 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz Complementary LF Cut settings of 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz.
- HF Boost Settings of 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12 kHz, 14 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Complementary HF Cut Settings of 5 kHz, 10 kHz and 20 kHz.
- Six selectable compressor attack/release time-constants.
- 90 / 250 Hz compressor high-pass sidechain filter.
- Easily recallable 100-position knob scales.
- The compressor and equalizer can be independently bypassed.
- Phase reversal switch.
- Front panel meter zero adjustment.
- IEC power inlet with 120/240VAC 50/60Hz power mains standard.
- Ability to use current production and new-old-stock tubes.
- Tube enthusiasts have many options and resulting tone variations.
- Tube changes require no alignment.
- The instrument input loops to a rear panel jack for stage amplifier.
- Rear panel line level XLR output and low-level balanced output for processed stage amplifier.
- Design minimizes tube heat generation.
- High stability components used throughout.
- Steel Chassis built to last.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Full factory support.
|Model||Retro Instruments Power Strip - Tube Recording Channel|