Radial Engineering Komit - 500-Series Compressor/Limiter Module
The Radial Komit is a feature-rich, 500-Series module compressor-limiter that simplifies the process of dynamic manipulation while expanding upon creative tone shaping.
The Radial Komit is a super-clean compressor that delivers amazing results with single knob control. It also functions as an old-school diode bridge clipping limiter goes from 'vintage to nasty'. The Komit provides exceptional flexibility by integrating a series of automatic functions that are both musical and intuitive. Close your eyes and listen… the Komit does the hard work for you.
The design fo the Radial Komit Module begins with an auto-detecting feed-forward VCA that reads the incoming program material and reacts 'real-time' to the time constant. Set the 3 position attack-decay switch to slow for vocals, medium for instruments and fast for percussion. As you increase the ratio, the Komit FlexKnee compression dynamically adjusts the pivot point, seamlessly transitioning from soft to hard knee for more natural results.
Unlike most limiters that are designed to be transparent, the Komit Clipper is designed to introduce personality to your recordings. The Clipper simulates the sound created by old-school diode bridge circuits from the early days of radio. These clip the input signal when they exceed the headroom. Ten settings are graduated from mild harmonic overload to extreme nasty.
To ensure absolute signal integrity, full size discrete electronics are employed throughout while the vintage style Hammond broadcast transformers add extra warmth to the signal path. A variable level control provides gain make-up or can be used to drive the Clipper for added distortion.
Dual ballistic VU metering makes it easy to simultaneously view compression and output when making adjustments. Designed for use with all 500 series racks, the Komit can be linked for full stereo operation. When used with the Radial Workhorse, the Omniport is assigned as a key input for frequency dependent compression, de-essing, ducking or any number of dynamic manipulation effects.
Radial Komit Features
- Single dial auto-tracking compressor-limiter
- Old school diode bridge clipping limiter
- Brick wall setting for set & forget recording
- 100% discrete with Hammond broadcast transformers
- Circuit type: Feed Forward with True RMS Sidechain
- Compression Ratio - Normal: 1:1 to 10:1
- Compression Ratio - Brickwall: 1:1 to 25:1
- Limiter range: +4dBu to +21dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz, -2dB @ 20Hz
- THD+N: 0.025% @ 1 kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: < 0.1% @ 80Hz/3kHz
- Threshold: -10dbu or +4dbu
- Maximum Gain: Key input to detector
- Size: Standard 500 Series format
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Radial Engineering SKU SRAD500KOMIT Model KOMIT GTIN 0676101040230