QSC TouchMix-8 - Touch-Screen Digital Audio Mixer
The QSC TouchMix-8 is a compact digital mixer with a 6.1" × 3.5" touchscreen. There are12 inputs with 8 built-in mic preamplifiers which can be controlled by its integrated touchscreen or wirelessly via an iPad connected to the same wireless network. The mixer features a DSP-based 4-band parametric EQ with variable high- and low-pass filters, a gate, and compressor on each input channel. The TouchMix-8's DSP also provides reverb, echo, delay, and chorus effects in addition to assignable pitch correction.
The mixer is also capable of multi-track recording with sampling frequencies up to 48kHz to an optional external USB hard drive. A USB Wi-Fi adapter and carrying case are included.
QSC TouchMix-8 Features
- 12 total inputs: 8 mic, (four with XLR/TRS combo connector) and two stereo line
- Stereo Main L/R outputs (XLR)
- Four mono auxiliary mixes (XLR).
- Mono auxiliaries may be linked for stereo use.
- Auxes 3/4 can also drive wired in-ear monitors (IEM) directly.
- Superb sound quality
- Class-A microphone pre-amps
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 24-bit AD & DA convertors
- Input channels are fully-featured:
- Four-band full parametric EQ
- Variable high-cut and low-cut filters
- Compressor (with de-esser)
- Main and auxiliary outputs feature:
- 1/3-octave graphic EQ
- Notch filters
- Four professional quality stereo DSP effects. Choose from:
- Two types of reverb
- Mono delay
- Stereo delay
- A pitch correct processor is assignable to any input channel.
- Eight DCA and eight mute groups.
- Color, capacitive touch screen graphical user interface combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation.
- Great results and easy to use
- Input channel preset library features over 100 presets developed by experienced concert engineers specifically for live sound applications.
- Wizards assist with input gain adjustment and effects selection and routing.
- On board Info system gives you instant access to the user manual.
- Save your own channel presets and complete mixer scenes to internal memory or USB device.
- Capturing live performance to multi-track has never been easier. Record 14 tracks (all inputs plus a stereo mix) directly to USB hard-drive. Mix down on TouchMix or import into your favorite DAW.
- Remote control via iPad®.
- USB Wi-Fi interface and carrying case are included.
- Display: 6.1” × 3.5” (156 mm × 90 mm) color TFT, touch sensing
- Inputs (Mic/Line) - 12 total:
- Four XLR/TRS combo
- Four XLR
- Two stereo 1/4" TRS
- Input (Talkback): N/A
- Two main XLR line-level
- Four aux XLR line-level
- One stereo TRS (line-level or in-ear monitor, 16Ω min. impedance)
- One stereo cue, TRS, (line or headphone, 16Ω min. impedance)
- Mic & Line Input Channel Processing: 4-band parametric EQ with high/low shelving option, variable 24 db/octave HPF & LPF, gate, compressor
- 2-Track (USB) & FX Return Processing: 2-band shelving EQ, variable 24 dB/octave HPF, gate, compressor
- Output Channel Processing:
- Main outputs and auxes 1–6: 1/3 octave GEQ • Limiter • 4 full-frequency notch filters • Variable 18dB/oct Low-cut and High-cut filters
- Auxes 7/8 & 9/10 (TM-16 only): 4-band PEQ, Limiter • Additional variable 18dB/oct Low-cut and High-cut filters
- Recording: 14 tracks, requires USB 3.0 HD • FAT32 format • minimum 7800 RPM
- Groups: 8 DCA groups (with mutes), 8 Mute groups
- Cue: Selectable AFL or PFL
- 4 professional effects engines including reverb, echo, delay, chorus. 50 factory, 50 user presets
- 1 pitch correct (assignable to any mono input channel)
- Scene and Preset Memory:
- Scenes: 130 user-defined scenes, including all mixer parameters may be stored internally or on FAT32 formatted
- USB Channel and FX Presets: 130 user-defined channel presets and 130 FX presets may be stored internally or on FAT32 formatted USB
- External Control: iOS TouchMix app for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air. Control via Wi-Fi provides access to all mixer functions. Requires iOS 6 or higher.
- Wi-Fi: USB Wi-Fi adapter included
- Dimensions (HWD):
- 56 mm x 333 mm x 245 mm
- 2.2” x 13.1” x 9.6”
- Weight: 4.3 lb (1.95 kg)
- Power: 100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz
- Sampling Frequency: Selectable 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz
- Internal Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz–20 kHz ±0.5 dB, any input to any output
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -126 dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -86 dBu
- Crosstalk: -80 dB
- S/N Ratio: -94 dB
- Maximum Input Level: +16 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, XLR), +26 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, TRS), +22 dBu (Stereo inputs)
- Phantom Power: 48V, individually switchable per channel
- Included: USB WiFi adapter, soft carrying case, power supply