QSC PLD4.2 - 4 Channel, 700w Ch @ 4 ohm
The QSC PLD4.2 Processing Amplifier from PLD Series is designed specifically for the needs of portable and production sound system users. It provides efficient, robust, and high-fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers while simultaneously deploying sophisticated digital processing with minimal operator complexity. This powerful and lightweight 4-channel amplifier with onboard, advanced DSP has the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems.
The PLD4.2 Processing Amplifier features FAST (Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various combinations across 1, 2, 3, or all 4 outputs. This flexibility allows PLD Series amplifiers to drive (for example) 4 full-range loudspeakers or subwoofers; a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified speaker; a single high-power full-range loudspeaker and subwoofer combo; or multiple power-hungry subwoofers from a single, very high output mono-block.
This amplifier uses QSC fourth generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a purpose-built output device. This MOSFET device provides high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offers good audio quality due to co-location of the semiconductors. Additionally, it benefits from the PowerLight power supply, further enhanced with PFC (Power Factor Correction) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables this amplifier to draw current from the wall in an efficient and controlled manner resulting in power from a single standard AC breaker. Additionally, it offers multi-stage sleep modes, saving energy when possible without ever sacrificing performance. The result is a powerful and flexible platform that offers low weight and efficiency.
The PLD4.2 Processing Amplifier also doubles as a loudspeaker processor. The close integration of processing and amplification allows the DSP to monitor and respond to amplifier behavior, making dynamics processing accurate and effective. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that allow the combination of amplifier and loudspeaker to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
In addition to the dynamics processing, the onboard DSP offers 4 channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, and alignment delay - everything needed to optimize a loudspeaker system. The amplifier also offers Intrinsic Correction, a combination of IIR and FIR Filtering and loudspeaker processing methodology. Intrinsic Correction compensates for the non-linearities in loudspeaker array and horn design and results in good performance from your QSC loudspeakers (sold separately).
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 factory presets for the most common loudspeaker applications. For great customization, the built-in Preset Wizard streamlines amplifier setup and provides loudspeaker selection of passive loudspeakers (sold separately).
With 4 channels of amplification plus drive rack signal processing in just 2RU, this amplifier replaces equipment taking up as much as 3 times the rack space.
With a dedicated front panel UI complete with LED meters and indicators, a 400 x 240 TFT color display, a rotary encoder and ergonomic navigation buttons, this amplifier provides an intuitive interface for the user to control the system. The complete system can be set up in mere minutes.
QSC PLD4.2 Features
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology™ (FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three, or all four channels.
- Four channels of full function onboard loudspeaker DSP with crossover and parametric EQ filters, limiting and alignment delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors.
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction™ processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers.
- 20 factory preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 user presets.
- PowerLight universal switch mode power supply with PFC for highest efficiency, improved audio performance, and low weight.
- Four input XLR connectors and six NL4 output connectors.
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, input and output LED metering, 400×240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles.
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier configuration, providing selection from a list of the top selling passive loudspeakers.
- 4 Channels: Burst - Continuous
- 8Ω: 500 W - 400 W
- 4Ω: 700 W - 400 W
- 2Ω: 600 W - 350 W
- 2 Channels: Burst - Continuous
- 8Ω: 1200 W - 800 W
- 4Ω: 1500 W - 800 W
- 2Ω: 1500 W - 650 W
- 1 Channel: Burst - Continuous
- 8Ω: 1600 W - 1500 W
- 4Ω: 2500 W - 1600 W
- 2Ω: 1700 W - 1600 W
- 1Ω: 2500 W - 1600 W
- Typical Distortion
- 8Ω: 0.01–0.03%
- 4Ω: 0.03–0.06%
- Maximum Distortion 4Ω–8Ω: 1.0%
- Frequency response (8Ω):
- 20 Hz–15 kHz ±0.2 dB
- 20 Hz–20 kHz +0.2 dB / -0.7 dB
- Noise Unweighted Output Unmuted: -101 dB
- Weighted Output Muted: -109 dB
- Gain (1.2V setting): 34.0 dB
- Damping factor: >150
- Input impedance: >10 kΩ, balanced or unbalanced
- Maximum rms input level:
- 3.9V setting: 12.28 V (+24 dBu)
- 1.2V setting: 3.88 V (+14 dBu)
- Controls and indicators (front): Power • Channel MUTE Buttons • Channel SELECT buttons • Channel input signal and CLIP LED indicators • Channel output and LIMIT LED meters • HOME, ENTER, EXIT, GAIN navigation buttons • Control knob
- Controls and indicators (rear): AC Power Disconnect
- Input connectors: Female XLR
- Output connectors: NL4
- Amplifier and load protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. on/off muting, DC fault shutdown, active inrush limiting, input current limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal Power Supply 100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz
- Dimensions (HWD): 3.5” × 19” × 12” (89 mm × 482 mm × 305 mm)
- Weight, Net / Shipping: 18.5 lb (8.4 kg) / 22 lb (10.0 kg)
- Agency approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE compliant, FCC Class A (conducted and radiated emissions)
- Carton contents: Locking IEC cable, Quick Start Guide, USB cable
- Additional Information
Manufacturer QSC SKU SQSCPLD42 Model PLD4.2 GTIN 0684284063236