Purple Audio MC77 - 1176 Style Compressor
The Purple Audio MC77 is an 1176 style compressor built around the revision E 1176 audio circuitry with modern components matched to the original.
The MC77 supersedes the MC76 which stopped production in 2002 due to a custom input attenuator being discontinued. Purple Audio has now found the solution in a part that matches the original and added some new features based on customer feedback and produced the MC77 Limiting Amplifier.
All the familiar 1176 controls are there, input and output gain, attack and release pots, 4 ratio buttons (4:1, 8:1, 12:1 and 20:1), and metering and bypass buttons. A large, LED lit VU meter displays gain reduction and input/output levels.
There are two additional buttons not normally found on an 1176 unit, there are 'Insert' and 'Link'. The latter is used for stereo linking two units with 1/4" in and out on the rear for physically linking the units. XLR in and out insert points can also be found on the rear for a sidechain insert loop or key input.
Purple Audio MC77 Features
- Discrete Transistor Audio Path Electronics
- Single Element Class A Output Amplifier
- Transformer Balanced XLR Inputs and Outputs
- Zener Shunt Regulated Audio Power Supply
- Compression Ratios – 4:1, 8:1, 12:1 and 20:1
- Fast Attack Time – 20 to 800 microseconds
- Release Time – 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Gain of 45dB (full gain with no limiting)
- Ruggedized Design – PCB stiffener, chassis mounts
- Purple Anodized Aluminum Front Panel
- 3 Year Warranty*
- True Bypass via sealed relay w/front panel switch
- Improved stereo linking w/front panel switch
- Sidechain insert loop or key input w/front panel switch
- Buffered VU meter can monitor input or output level at +4dBu
- LED meter lights that don’t burn out
- Heavy gauge black cold rolled steel enclosure
- 155v/230v operation switchable from rear panel
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Purple Audio SKU SPURMC77 Model MC77 GTIN NA