The Prism Orpheus is a FireWire audio interface for Mac and PC featuring 8 channels of analogue I/O, 4 premium software-controlled mic preamps, 10 channels of digital I/O via S/PDIF and ADAT, Wordclock and MIDI. There is a dedicated headphone output feeding 2 headphone amps with dedicated volume controls.
The Orpheus provides Prism's renowned performance, clock technology and sound quality in a 1U FireWire interface. 4 software controlled microphone preamps offer in excess of 60dB of gain with switchable phantom power and 1dB increments. Overall the are 8 analogue inputs, channels 1 and 2 can be used as instrument, mic or line inputs, 3 and 4 as mic or line, and channels 5 to 8 as line inputs. There are 8 line outputs.
On the rear of the unit there is you'll find digital inputs and outputs on both RCA/phone as well as optical TOSLINK. The RCA connectors can be used for stereo S/PDIF as well as AES3 using an adapter lead. The optical connectors can handle stereo S/PDIF or 8 channel ADAT. Wordclock is included for steady clocking.
The DSP powered digital mixer provides ultra low-latency monitoring.
The Orpheus can be used with a FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter for use with the latest computers.
The Prism Sound Orpheus will also save its settings so that is can be used in a stand-alone mode.
Prism Orpheus Features
- No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
- Dedicated FireWire interface
- ASIO and WDM drivers provided for Windows XP and VISTA
- Directly compatible with CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X 10.4+ (Intel & PPC)
- Eight "Prism Sound" premium-quality AD and DA channels
- Concurrent operation of ADAT and switchable S/PDIF or AES3 ports
- Four high-end integrated mic preamps (typ.-130dBu EIN), switchable phantom
- MS Matrix processing on mic inputs
- Two instrument inputs
- RIAA Equalization on inputs 1 & 2
- Prism Sound "Overkillers" on every analogue channel to control transient overloads
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection
- Mono or stereo input configurations
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Orpheus mixer
- Low-latency "console-quality" digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Dual headphone outputs each with its own front-panel volume control
- Front-panel master volume control, assignable to selected channels
- Configurable for stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 or surround monitoring
- Built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on S/PDIF Inputs and Outputs
- Prism Sound 4-curve SNS noise shaping on digital outputs
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL
- MIDI in/out ports
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£149.99 £124.99 (ex. vat)