Prism Maselec MLA-2 - 2 Channel Mastering Compressor
The Prism Maselec MLA-2 is a stereo or 2-channel compressor for mastering. The MLA-2 is designed to provide transparent dynamic control with minimal side-effects. Although used extensively for mastering, the MLA-2 can be equally effective in recording and mixing situation, a rear mounted switch toggle between a high and normal threshold setting depending on the intended use of the unit.
The MLA-2 uses a fixed threshold design with adjustable input gain (drive), turning the input gain clockwise to increase the level of compression. The MLA-2 intelligently adjusts its release time based on the front panel setting for the most musical result. In addition, a modified release decay has been used rather than the conventional exponential curve.
The link control is used to help minimise the risk of image shifting that could occur if the two channels were working independently on a stereo source. The link is also controlled in a way that means if any transients are placed extremely wide, they will not trigger any unnatural ducking of the other channel.
The Prism Maselec MLA-2 produces stunning results with minimum effort and for optimum transparency and exceptionally low noise and distortion, a non-VCA design is employed.
- Input Gain: -20 - 0dB
- Ratio: 1.4:1, 1.7:1, 2:1, 3:1, 5:1, 8:1
- Attack: .005, .020, .100, .50, 1.0, 1.5
- Release: .02, .05, .10, .20, .40, 1.0
- Output Gain: 0 - 20dB
The Prism sound MLA-2 features stepped controls for all parameters which means recalling settings can be done precisely and quickly.
Prism Maselec MLA-2 Features
- Input Gain control, adjusts compression depth (drive)
- Output Gain control for gain make-up
- Adjustable ratio from gentle compression to limiting
- Adjustable Attack and Release times
- Attack and Release times are also dynamically auto-adjusted to avoid pumping effects
- Switchable gain reduction or program level (VU) metering
- IMAGELINK system for intelligent stereo linking: Short transients on one channel do not duck both.
- Precision stepped controls for accuracy and repeatability; larger controls for often-used adjustments
- Low noise and wide dynamic range
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- Full bypass when the power is turned off
|Model||Prism Maselec MLA-2|