The Prism Lyra-1 is a high-end USB2.0 audio interface featuring premium AD/DA, low-latency DSP driven monitoring, a dedicated headphone amp, one high-end microphone preamp and one high-impedance instrument input. The Lyra-1 was developed to bring Prism sound quality at a more accessible price point.
The Lyra-1 also features 2 channels of digital I/O in the form of S/PDIF on TOSLINK optical connectors. There are 2 channels of line out and a fonrt-panel master volume control.
The mic amps are software controlled and feature 1dB gain steps, switchable phantom powerm a 20dB pad and are the same as used in the Prism Orpheus interface. Both channels can be used as line inputs (on the rear of the unit), with Channel 1 also using the front panel instrument in, and Channel 2 using the mic input on the rear.
The DSP driven mixer provides users with an ultra low-latency foldback allowing artists to perform without audible delays which can occur when monitoring the recording signal via the DAW.
The Prism Lyra-1 can be used with both Mac and PC.
Prism Lyra-1 Features
- Class compliant (UAC2) USB 2.0 interface
- ASIO and WDM drivers for Windows (32 and 64bit)
- Native CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X
- UAC2 operation on Linux (no control panel support)
- Two Prism Sound premium-quality AD channels
- One high-end integrated microphone preamps (typ. -130dBu EIN)
- Microphone input has switchable phantom power and 20dB pad
- One high-impedance front panel instrument input
- Prism Sound "Overkillers" to gracefully control transient overloads
- Two Prism Sound premium-quality DA channels, plus independent stereo headphone DA
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Lyra mixer
- New high-drive headphone output with front-panel volume control
- Digital I/O
- S/PDIF stereo on TOSLINK optical connectors
- Built in high-quality sample rate conversion available on digital input
- Prism Sound SNS noise shaping on digital outputs (4 curves)
- Low-latency "console-quality" digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Front-panel master volume control, assignable to selected channels
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection