Prism Atlas - 2U USB Audio Interface with 8 Mic Pres
The Prism Atlas is a USB2 audio interface featuring 8 premium, software-controlled microphone preamps with Prism Overkiller soft limiters on each analogue input. 10 analogue outputs are then complimented by up to 10 channels of digital I/O, a Multichannel Digital I/O (MDIO) expansion port, MIDI I/O and a low-latency DSP driven mixer.
The Atlas expands on the Prism Titan interface by adding an extra four mic preamps. The mic pres are software controlled with 1dB gain steps for mic gain in excess of 60dB. Switchable phantom power and 20dB pads are included and the first two channels also offer high-impedance instrument inputs and an option in the software for turntable use. All eight channel feature line inputs as well.
Digital connections include both RCA/phono and TOSLINK. Stereo S/PDIF and AES3 can be used on the coaxial connection whilst 8 channel optical ADAT is available through the TOSLINK connectors. Both formats can be used simultaneously to allow for 10 channels of digital I/O. Prism is renowned for state-of-the-art clocking technology and Wordclock in and out connections are included for stable and reliable clocking.
The Atlas features ten analogue outputs. Eight can be found on the rear on balanced TRS connections, and are useful for integrating other outboard gear or setting up more complex monitor, such as 7.1 surround. The other two outputs are a dedicated headphone feed which is shared by the two headphone amps on the front panel, each with their own independent volume control.
The DSP driven digital mixer offer artists a low-latency solution for monitoring and avoid the audible delays that can occur when monitoring via the DAW.
A Multichannel Digital I/O (MDIO) expansion port is found on the back panel, this can be used to connect Pro tools HDX and AES3 devices and helps future proof the Atlas.
Prism Atlas Features
- ASIO drivers provided for Windows VISTA, 7 and 8 (32 and 64bit)
- Directly compatible with CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X 10.4+
- Eight "Prism Sound" premium-quality AD and DA channels
- Concurrent operation of ADAT and switchable S/PDIF or AES3 ports
- Eight high-end integrated mic preamps (typ.-130dBu EIN)
- Mic pres have individually switchable phantom power and 20dB pads
- MS Matrix processing on mic inputs
- Two instrument inputs
- RIAA Equalization on inputs 1 & 2
- Prism Sound "Overkillers" on every analogue channel to control transient overloads
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection
- Mono or stereo input configurations
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Atlas mixer
- Low-latency "console-quality" digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Dual headphone outputs each with its own front-panel volume control
- Front-panel master volume control and mute, assignable to selected channels
- Configurable for stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 or surround monitoring
- Built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on S/PDIF Inputs and Outputs
- Prism Sound 4-curve SNS noise shaping on digital outputs
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL