Primacoustic FullTrap Broadband Bass Trap
The Primacoustic FullTrap is an attractive 24" x 48" x 8" broadband absorber designed to effectively control bass as low as 75Hz and extend well above the threshold of human hearing. The extended range is achieved via a 3-way absorption process that includes an absorptive front panel to control mid-range and high frequencies; an air cavity behind the front panel that extends bass and provides low mid control; plus a heavy limp-mass membrane that is suspended within the frame and left to vibrate to absorb deep bass.
Available in Beige, Black or Grey.
As a broadband absorber, the FullTrap will not only help control bass, but it will help eliminate flutter echo, standing waves and tighten up your room acoustics effectively expanding the size of the listening sweet-spot while reducing ear fatigue. This makes the FullTrap ideal for recording studios and will be particularly valuable for those working in small rooms.
The FullTrap front panel is available in black, grey or beige fabric to suit most color schemes. For those with artistic flair, the front panel may be covered with a second fabric without affecting the acoustical performance. Shipped flat to save freight, the FullTrap comes in kit-form with easy to follow assembly instructions using simple household tools. In fact assembly and installation is so easy, most folks can uncrate a FullTrap and have it installed in less than 30 minutes!
Primacoutsic FullTrap Features
- Combination 3-way broadband absorber
- Controls the boom in the room
- Easy to assemble flat pack saves money
- The perfect bass trap for small room acoustics
The Primacoustic FullTrap is broadband absorber and bass trap designed to work in conjunction with Broadway panels or other acoustic devices. The FullTrap provides balanced treatment by absorbing all frequencies including low bass frequencies.
This is achieved by combining three acoustical principles into a single device.
- To handle mid-range and upper frequencies, a 3" thick front absorptive panel made from 6 lbs. per cubic foot high-density encapsulated fiberglass is employed.
- Behind the acoustic panel is a stretched diaphragmatic dense-mass membrane that acts as a low frequency resonator to absorb bass down to 75Hz.
- Behind the membrane, an air cavity is created by the wood enclosure which serves to further attenuate bass in the troublesome 100Hz region.
The FullTrap enclosure is made from MDF wood composite with a black, easy to clean melamine finish and ships flat to save freight. Final assembly is performed on site using a simple household screwdriver and building a MaxTrap takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!