PreSonus RC500 - Solid State Channel Strip with FET Compressor and 3 Band EQ
The Presonus RC500 is an affordable, high performance channel strip featuring a custom FET compressor, parametric EQ and a new solid-state high gain Class A preamp that delivers an incredibly detailed and transparent sound with low distortion.
Featuring excellent build quality and high-grade components throughout the RC500 is a lot of channel strip for the money and sounds like it should cost a fortune.
Presonus RC500 Features:
- Transformer-coupled, high gain microphone preamp with a Class A hybrid design
- FET-based soft-knee compressor using hybrid detection methods with switching relays for hard bypass
- 3-band semi-parametric equalizer with switching relays for hard bypass
- 48V phantom power, 80Hz highpass filter, and -20dB pad
- Front-panel instrument and rear-panel microphone and line inputs with Input Select switch
- VU meter with selectable output level/gain reduction display
- Analog insert with balanced send and return
- High-grade components: film capacitors, 1% tolerance resistors, and very low-distortion op amps
- Master output control
- Balanced output on XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors
- Internal toroidal power supply with IEC connector
- Rugged steel chassis
Presonus RC500 Specifications:
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 10Hz-25kHz (±1 dB)
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ 3-band (Semi-parametric)
- Compressor Yes (FET VCA with RMS-based control)
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic, Line)
- Analog Outputs 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS
- Other I/O Insert (1/4" send and return)
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Height 1.75"
- Depth 7.69"
- Width 19"
- Weight 7.1875 lbs.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer PreSonus SKU SPRERC500 Model PreSonus RC500 - Solid State Channel Strip GTIN N/A