PreSonus Audiobox - 2x2 USB Audio Interface
The PreSonus AudioBox is a compact and rugged, bus-powered 2x2 USB audio interface for Mac and PC. The AudioBox comes shipped with Studio One 3 Artist recording software.
The AudioBox USB’s two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel
Here is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB a heavy-duty steel chassis and metal knobs, so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it’s USB bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
World-class recording software included
While the AudioBox USB works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for PreSonus’ Studio One® 3 Artist DAW, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One 3 is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
Built for the studio and the road
Whether you're just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that's ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box.
PreSonus Audiobox Features
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 1.1 port
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+102 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs/2.3 kg
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
- Studio One® 3 Artist
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB.
- Windows® 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel® Core™ 2 processor (Intel® Core™ i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Mac® OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (only for activation)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Mac should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200Ω
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N); -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: ¼"
- TS Female Unbalanced Input Impedance: 0.5 MΩ
- Type: ¼"
- Balanced Output Impedance: 51Ω
- Type: ¼" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60Ω Load
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48
- Power: USB Bus-powered
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£118.00 £98.33 (ex. vat)
£634.80 £529.00 (ex. vat)
£179.99 £149.99 (ex. vat)