Pioneer DJM900 Nexus 4 Channel Pro DJ Digital Mixer
Continuing on from the hugely successful legacy of the DJM-800, newly released is the Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus, an improved digital mixer constructed to be the centrepiece of your DJ setup. This next level digital mixer hosts a streamlined, rearranged back panel layout, direct-to-pc USB support, new beat based effects, better sound quality and improved fader design, meaning it’s a mixer built for the rigours of your performance.
Pioneer DJM900 Nexus 4 Channel Pro DJ Digital Mixer Features
Plug-and-play computer connectivity
A single USB connection is all that's needed for MIDI control for DJ software like Ableton and TRAKTOR™. Additionally, being TRAKTOR™ Scratch Certified, DVS Control becomes a breeze, just connect one USB cable and control TRAKTOR with Timecode CD and/or vinyl, directly through the mixer and without using a box or time code disc.
Flawless Beat Effects with X-Pad and rekordbox™ Quantize
Thirteen Beat Effects add creative options for every DJ style. New effects include Spiral, Slip Roll, Melodic and an entirely revamped Reverb. The DJM-900 Nexus expands the familiar Beat buttons with the industry-first X-Pad to engage effects and change their timing with an adaptive, touch-sensitive ribbon strip. The new rekordbox™ Quantize easily lets you match the BPM and beat positioning to the effects by pressing a single button – even as you adjust or bend the pitch. MIDI LFO adds in easy control of external, outboard effects.
rekordbox™ and Pro DJ Link
With Pro DJ Link, you can connect your laptop or PC through a single LAN ethernet cable and use rekordbox™ software. And any compatible CDJ connected to the mixer can access rekordbox™ with a single connection. New Pro DJ Link features on the DJM-900 nexus include Now-On-Play indication, rekordbox™ Quantize and Cue Link, an additional channel that lets you monitor new tracks from rekordbox™ directly through your headphones.
6 Full-fledged, channel-assignable Sound Color FX
New, beefed-up effects turn creative vision into a reality at the twist of a dial. In addition to the essential Filter and Crush, the DJM-900 Nexus boasts four brand new modern effects. Noise is added by popular demand. Space reverb brings high-pass and low-pass ambiance. Dub Echo also has high-pass and low-pass control over a new tape delay effect. Gate/Comp strips back your music to the peaks, or beefs it up to seamlessly to blend drastically different productions together in the mix. All effects are easliy added to each channel through the use of the colour dial for a smooth blend of wet and dry signal.
Better sound quality than competitor's mixers
The DJM-900 nexus is equipped with the same high-quality audio input and output circuits as the DJM-2000. The 4-channel 96kHz/24-bit soundcard streams all audio signals with an S/N ratio of 120 dB, delivering more accurate performance than competitor's mixers.
Sturdy and liquid proof
New fader technology and P-Lock fader caps will make the DJM-900 Nexus last for even longer between services in super-tough club environments. There are no more electronics directly under the fader, making the DJM-900 nexus much less vulnerable to damage from any liquids that might be spilled over it.
New Beat Effects
- Reverb - DJs looking for processor-intensive reverbs no longer have to gamble with the stability of laptops to get the best quality. The DJM-900 nexus' Reverb brings lush studio quality with a two-minute tail, pitched room size control and input frequency filtering for stunning results.
- Spiral - This pitch echo with feedback looping can create psychedelic breakdowns and interludes from a single hit.
- Slip Roll - A DJM-2000 favorite, this ultimate beat-mashing tool puts rhythmic slicing and dicing at your fingertips. Continuously re-sample and loop fresh chunks of audio as you slide between loop sizes on the X-PAD, in perfect time with the beat.
- Melodic - This side-chain pitching sampler is another inspiration from the DJM-2000. Hit the X-PAD to simultaneously sample from the selected channel, and hold your finger down to trigger the sample from the peaks of the underlying music. Then slide your finger along to adjust the sample length while you change the playback pitch with the BEAT buttons.
- MIDI LFO - DJs looking for processor-intensive reverbs no longer have to gamble with the stability of laptops to get the best quality. The DJM-900 nexus' Reverb brings lush studio quality with a two-minute tail, pitched room size control and input frequency filtering for stunning results.
Pioneer DJM900 Nexus Specifications
- Screen: 10 cm (3,94") bright dot matrix display
- ProDJ Link:
- Now On Play warns that CDJ is playing
- Beat Effects use rekordbox BPM and Beatgrid information to keep effects in time
- rekordbox Cue Link acts like an additional audio channel to preview in your headphones
- Beat Effects: Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Trans, Filter, Flanger, Phaser, Robot, Melodic, Slip Roll, Roll, Reverse Roll
- MIDI/HID Control: 61 fully assignable MIDI controls
- No. of Channels: 4
- Sampling Rate / Depth: 96 kHz / 24-bit
- rekordbox Link: Yes
- Channel EQ: 3 band
- EQ Range: Built-in switchable 3-band equalizer (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band isolator (+6dB to -∞dB).
- Fader Curve: 3 Curves
- Level Meter Type: Individual
- Level Meter Size: 15 Segment
- CD/LINE Input (RCA): 6
- PHONO (RCA) Input: 2
- S/PDIF Digital Input (RCA): 4
- Digital LAN Input (Pioneer Link): 1
- MIC Input (1/4 inch Jack): 1
- MIC Input (XLR/Jack Combo): 1
- RETURN (1/4 inch Jack): 1
- Master Output (XLR): 1
- Master Output (RCA): 1
- Booth Output (1/4 inch Jack): 1
- Rec Out (RCA): 1
- Digital Out (Coaxial): 1
- S/PDIF Digital Out (RCA): 1
- Send (1/4 inch Jack): 1
- USB-B: 1
- Master Balance: Yes
- Stereo/Mono Switch: Yes
- Level Meter Size: 15 Segment
- Master Out Attenuator: Yes
- Cross Fader Type: Carbon Rail with P-Lock Fader Cap
- Fader Curve: 3
- Assignable: Yes
- Field Replaceable: Yes
- Auto BPM Counter
- Effect Level & Depth Volume
- MIDI Global Clock
- rekordbox Quantize
- Roll Sampler (Fwd)
- Roll Sampler (Reverse)
- Twin LFO
- 32-Bit Sound Processor
- Mic Connection: Neutrik Combo
- Mic EQ: 2 band
- Mic EQ Range: + - 12 dB
- Talkover: 3-Position Switch
- Talkover Attenuator: Yes
- Assignable Controls: 61
- MIDI Out (DIN): 1
- MIDI Start/Stop: Yes
- MIDI LFO: Yes
- Connection: USB
- Stereo Inputs: 4
- Stereo Outputs: 4
- Sample Rate: 24-bit
- Frequency: 96 kHz
- Special Features:
- Input all 4 decks inside TRAKTOR via 1 USB cable
- TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certified
- Can output time code disk signal for DVS software
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 331 x 108 x 409 mm
- Weight: 7.1 kg
- Power Consumption: 42 Watt
- Auto Standby: Yes
- SN Ratio: Line: 107 dB
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- A/D Converter: 32-bit
- D/A Converter: 32-bit
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Harmonic Distortion: < 0.004%
- Headroom: 19 dB
- Rack Mount: Yes, with adapter