Pioneer DDJ-SX DJ Controller for Serato and Traktor
The Pioneer DDJ-SX is pioneers flagship DJ controller designed specifically for seamless integration with Serato DJ Software. Pioneer have pulled inspiration and design from their legendary CDJ-2000 & DJM-2000 lines, so alongside the library of functions that Serato offers, you'll find familiar ground if your used to the streamlined interface and powerful effects that Pioneer bring to their products. Plus, Pioneer have recently released full support for Native Instruments Traktor with the DDJ-SX, giving you complete versatility over both industry standard programs.
The DDJ-SX has 16, high-quality, velocity sensitive pads to use with the hot cue, roll, slice and sample functions, and with Dual Deck control, two songs per deck can be played at the same time for increased complexity in your mix. All new effects engineered by plug in masters iZotope mean you can add even more expression and creativity to your shows and Slip mode found on the Nexus line lets you scratch and resample in time, every time, dropping you right back into the track.
The unit comes with four individual input terminals that can be connected to external devices such as CD players or analogue turn tables. Two individual microphone input terminals, two master output terminals (XLR terminal × 1, RCA terminal × 1), and one booth out terminal provide the DDJ-SX with connectivity in any scenario. Additionally, the DDJ-SX can bypass the jog wheels entirely and be used as a standalone mixer for use with external CDJs.
Pioneer DDJ-SX Key Features
- Industry's first 4-channel performance DJ controller/mixer for Serato DJ software (Now with additional full support for Native Instruments Tracktor)
- Performance DJ controller with pro-level build quality
- Oversize jog wheels featuring CDJ-type on jog display
- 8 soft-touch rubber controller/trigger pads per deck for loop/sample
- Includes Serato DJ software featuring 4 decks, dual deck control, slip mode, sync-able sampler and high-quality FX
- Can be used as a stand-alone 4-channel mixer to connect CDJs and/or turntables
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two master outputs (XLR and RCA) and a booth out terminal.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) are used for accurate audio playback.
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad.
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve to suit any type of mixing style.
- Channel Fader Start – Enables the use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
Mixing with Serato
Sold as a complete system that includes the controller and new Serato DJ software, the DDJ-SX provides additional features to provide direct, tactile control of the software’s capabilities, which include a four deck sampler function, dual deck control, slip mode, FX mode and more.
- Dual Deck – The DDJ-SX enables two tracks to be controlled at the same time, allowing scratching or setting and recalling hot cues on both tracks as if they were performed on a single track.
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions.
- FX Powered by iZotope – High quality FX newly developed by iZotope. With the new effects, DJ can apply more creative and more unique arrangement to the music.
- Additional Functions
- Up to eight hot cue points can be set for each deck
- Vertical waveform display for fast tempo syncing
Pioneer DDJ-SX Specifications
- Software Serato DJ
- Input terminals CD x 2 (RCA), combined LINE/PHONO x 2 (RCA), MIC x 2 (XLR&1/4 inch combined PHONE x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
- Output terminal MASTER OUT x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1), BOOTH OUT x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, MiniPin)
- Other terminals USB B terminal x 1
- Frequency range 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion 0.003% or less
- S/N ratio 105 dB (PC)
- Supplied AC adapter Power source AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, rated output DC5 V
- External dimensions 664 mm (W) x 357 mm (D) x 70.4 mm (H)
- Weight 5.8 kg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Pioneer SKU SPIODDJSX Model DDJ-SX GTIN 0884938196512