Phoenix Audio Nice DI
The Phoenix Audio NICE DI is a professional mic preamp built into a 1/2RU enclosure. The Nice DI is build using a fully discrete Class-A circuit and hand-wired with military-grade silver connections into rugged and portable steel box, allowing you to store or take this device anywhere you please.
The output stage of the Nice DIs uses Phoenix Audio's renown DSOP-2, an all discrete output amp based on head-designer Dave Rees's infamous TF1 amp (which he developed for use in vintage Neve modules). With its custom-wound DB694 transformer and enormous headroom, the DSOP-2 can be driven to taste. Deliver more gain to achieve a beautifully saturated sound, back off for a cleaner, hi-fi sound, or choose any flavor in-between.
Also, this DI can accept line level, you can use the N8, for example, anywhere a line-amp is necessary: alongside your console, in a live setting, or simply in any patch to pick up that Class-A tone. With an easily recalled stepped gain control on every channel, dialing in your exact sound is a breeze. You'll find these to be the most musical, intuitive and versatile DIs you've ever used, capable of breathing new life into any direct injected signal.
- Phoenix's famous Class A, discrete, transformerless input stage, offering ultra-high impedance (10Mohm) inputs
- Our proven and loved Class A, discrete DSOP-2 output with custom-wound DB694 transformer
- Output pots for each channel with huge gain range
- Outputs XLR on rear panel
- Outputs 1/4″ jack (TS) input on the rear panel
- Inputs: 1/4″ jack (TS) input on the front panel
- Inputs: 1/4″ jack (TS) through on the front panel
- Class A Stereo DI Output specs.
- Gain range : 0dB minimum to +40dB maximum
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20Khz +/- 0.5dB
- Maximum Output: +26dBu @ 1Khz
- Noise: -90dB @ 22Hz to 22KHz
- Advantages: The Class A DI has a very high input impedance (10Mohm), without the use of FET's. This means that the guitar pickups are not loaded as with a lower impedance input, and so allows every transient to be reproduced, making even a cheap guitar sound exceptional.
- Inputs: 1/4" jack (TS) input on the front panel
- Output configuration: Transformer isolated, balanced output (XLR) on the rear panel and a 1/4" jack (TS) unbalanced output on the front panel.
- Other features: Stereo Unit with independent gain control, mains operated, switchable input voltage (110/220Vac)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Phoenix SKU SPHENICEDI Model SPHENICEDI GTIN No
£1,199.52 (inc. vat) £999.60 (ex. vat)
£1,266.00 (inc. vat) £1,055.00 (ex. vat)
£2,110.80 (inc. vat) £1,759.00 (ex. vat)
£2,940.00 (inc. vat) £2,450.00 (ex. vat)