Phoenix Audio DRS1
The Phoenix Audio DRS1 is a single channel mic preamp and DI that features a Class-A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage with -30 dB pads perfect for smaller studios. The unique DRS circuit can go from ultra-clean sounds suitable for audiophile recordings all the way to the warm, saturated tones reminiscent of the UK's most heralded vintage designs. Versatility and superior sound have made the DRS Preamp/DI a top-tier choice for engineers around the world and a modern day classic.
Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage
Phoenix Audio's transformer-balanced DSOP-2 Class-A discrete output stage with custom wound DB694 output transformer
Wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
-30dB input pad
High Pass Filter: -6dB per octave @ 120Hz
LED Gain Metering
Push buttons: Hi-Pass, 48v, Phase Reverse, Switchable 48V phantom power on push-button switch
High Pass Filter on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 80Hz)
Phase Reverse on Push-Button Switch
Mic Pre Gain Range: -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the ouput fader.
Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
Frequency response Class A (DSOP-2) output stage: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- 1U half rack space unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR’s and TRS 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Red= +8dB, corresponding to “4” and “6” on a PPM Meter).
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switche
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mic Input Frequency Response: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- DI Input Frequency Response: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +26dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 30dB
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Phoenix SKU SPHEDRS1 Model PhoenixDRS1 GTIN NA
£1,830.00 (inc. vat) £1,525.00 (ex. vat)
£720.00 (inc. vat) £600.00 (ex. vat)
£1,199.52 (inc. vat) £999.60 (ex. vat)
£1,905.12 (inc. vat) £1,587.60 (ex. vat)
Was £2,110.80 (inc. vat) SAVE 20%
Special Price £1,688.64 (inc. vat)£1,407.20 (ex. vat)