Overstayer Ampeq-02 - Dual Channel Mic Pre & EQ
The Overstayer AMPEQ-02 is a world-class mic/line preamp and DI that features a smooth vintage style two-band passive EQ and harmonics processing which allow users to have a wide range of analog sounds from discreet to a sound rich in harmonics.
The Harmonics section of the Overstayer AMPEQ-02 features 3 different settings. HARM 1 is a clean sound and has the lowest harmonic distortion. HARM 2 creates a stronger 2nd-order harmonic. HARM 3 creates a stronger 3rd-order harmonic and both HARM2 and HARM3 soft clip which reduces peaks whilst increasing the apparent volume.
Overstayer Ampeq-02 Features:
- LINE/MIC: Selects between LINE (button in) and MIC (button out) input. Inserting a 1/4" plug into the DI jack automatically switches the source to DI regardless of the setting.
- PAD: Engages a 20 dB pad on the MIC or LINE input.
- POL: Flips the polarity of the signal on the MIC or LINE input.
- GAIN: Sets the amount of gain of the MIC/LINE amplifier.
- OUTPUT: Attenuator sets the final output level.
- HARM: The Harmonics circuitry allows the pre to have 3 different characters. Harmonics out is the cleanest, with the most headroom and lowest harmonic distortion. HARM 2 creates stronger 2nd-order harmonic. HARM 3 creates stronger 3rd-order harmonic. Both modes soft clip and can reduce peaks while increasing apparent volume.
- LF BOOST: Sets the amount of low boost at the selected frequency (30, 60, or 100 Hz).
- LF ATTEN: Sets the amount of low frequency attenuation at the selected frequency (50 Hz or 100 Hz), can be used in conjunction with the LF BOOST to create mid band cuts.
- HF BOOST: Sets the amount of high boost at the selected frequency (4 KHz, 8 KHz, or 12 KHz). Pulling this control out BYPASSES the EQ.
- PHANT: Engages phantom power to the microphone input.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Overstayer recording Equipment SKU SOVEAMPEQ02 Model Overstayer Ampeq-02 GTIN N/A