NTI Audio ML1 Minilyzer - Palm sized analogue audio analyzer
The NTI Audio Minilyzer ML1 is a powerful, complete Audio Analyzer in a palm-sized format. Its comprehensive set of easy to access measurement functions simplify the process of system verification, diagnostics and repairs of even very complex audio installations.
The smart user interface aids operators of all skill levels by setting all ranges automatically and providing complete results on a single screen. An optional USB interface supports data storage, documentation and firmware updates.
Continuously measures absolute inputlevels either in volts, dBu or dBV and the signal frequency. Relative measurements are also supported. Connecting MiniSPL further supports SPL and LEQ measurements.(SPL/LEQ).
Supports Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise (THD+N) as well as 2nd to 5th selective harmonic distortion as dB value or in %. Input level and frequency measurement runs in parallel and BAL indicator finds defective cables.
ML1 automatically triggers to a sweep sequence with any step width and records the frequency response. The MR1, a test CD or any other stepped sweep may be used as signal source. After capture all sweep data is available.
Finding wrongly connected speakers is as simple as moving ML1 into the sound field of the speaker under test and its polarity will be displayed. The same measurement through the XLR input is ideal for cable tests.
Intermittent faults are often hard to find. The time sweep records the RMS level, frequency and the THD+N value simultaneously, helping to monitor the audio signal during a long period of time for later analysis.
Provides a quick and robust look at the waveform of the balanced audio signal, quickly finding clipping amplifiers etc. The auto-scale and auto-trigger functionality are normally only found in expensive stand alone scopes. P>
Analyze and improve sound systems using the 1/3rd Octave analyser. With Pink Noise as a stimulus the frequency response of every sound system is directly visible on the Minilyzers screen. The peak frequency display supports you in feedback improvements.P>
Do you have to supply your mix to a broadcast van™ By using the vu&ppm meter with free adjustable reference levels you can provide a perfect levelled signal. The vu meter enables you to adjust your outboard equipment for a perfect compression of your sound material.
NTI Minilyzer ML1 Specifications:
- Measurements: Level-RMS, Level-SPL, Level-LEQ, Level-Relative, THD+N, vu+PPM, Polarity Test, Signal Balance Error, Frequency Sweep, Time Sweep, 1/3rd Octave Spectrum, ScopeFrequency, AFILS measurements (with MiniLINK)
- Level:Units dBu, dBV, VRMSAccuracy +/- 0.5 % @ 1 kHzFlatness +/- 0.1 dBBandwidth 20 Hz to 20 kHzResolution 3 digits (dB-scale) or 4 digits (V-scale)
- Frequency:Range: 10 Hz to 20 kHzResolution: 4 digitsAccuracy: < +/- 0.1 %
- THD+N:including 2nd to 5th harmonics analysisMeas. Bandwidth: 10 Hz to 20 kHzResolution: 4 digitsResidual THD+N: balanced < -85 dB @ -10 dBu to +20 dBu; unbalanced < -74 dB @ 0 dBu to +14 dBu
- vu + PPM:vu-Indicator and Peak Program MeterAccording to IEC 60268 and DIN 45406, PPM Type I, IIa and Nordic.Both meters with adjustable reference and with analog & numerical peak-hold readout.
- Polarity Test: Positive / Negative detection through internal microphone or XLR/RCA connector. Checks polarity of tweeters, midrange-speakers, woofers, sub-woofers and cables. Down to 10 dB S/N ratio of input signal. Uses MR1 test signal.
- Balance Error:Indication range 0.0 % to 100 %Deviation from perfect balance in % or *1
- Sweep: Frequency Sweep: Level as function of frequency.
- Time Sweep: Measurement of level, THD+N and frequency as function of time.
- 1/3rdOctave: Spectrum acc. IEC 1260, class II and ANSI S1.11-1976, class II from 50 Hz to 20 kHz, Bargraph for LevelRMS 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Scope: Auto triggering, auto ranging, auto scaling
- Filters: Linear, A-weighting, C-weigting, C-message, Highpass 22 Hz / 60 Hz / 400 Hz, X-Curve-1, Voice bandpass
- Input Connectors: XLR balanced, RCA unbalanced
- Impedance: 40 kOhm balanced, 20 kOhm unbalanced
- Max. AC Input:balanced +20 dBu (7.75 VRMS), unbalanced +14 dBu (3.8 VRMS)for input levels > 20 dBu (balanced) the Adapter -20 dB is available as accessory
- Max. DC Input: +/- 50 VDC
- Residual Noise: < 12 V, XLR-input shorted
- Internal Mic: Omni directional (for Polarity and Delay measurement only)
- Monitor Output: Jack 3.5 mm (1/8"), suitable for all common headsets
- Display: Graphic LCD 64 x 100 pixel, with backlight
- Batteries:3x AA batteries (alkaline)Typical battery lifetime > 16
- Dimensions: 163 x 86 x 42 mm (6.4" x 3.38" x 1.63")
- Weight: 300 g (10.5 oz) incl. batteries
- Temperature: 0 to +45 C (32 to 113 F)
- Humidity: 90 % R.H., non condensing