Novation 49 SL MKII - 49-Note Controller Keyboard
The Novation 49 SL MkII is a 49-Key MIDI Controller featuring a semi-weighted keyboard, a 144-character display, back-lit LED buttons and encoders. These 56 knobs, faders and buttons can be quickly mapped with the Automap 3 PRO software.
Novation 49 SL MkII Features
- High quality professional keyboard - It uses the same velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard from Fatar that the orininal SL does, with assignable after-touch. Novation deliver the feeling of playing an instrument, rather than just a computer peripheral.
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback - Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control, further reducing reliance on the computer screen.
- Giant 144-character LCD screen - Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls - Full control surface supporting ultra flexible DAW control and Auto-mappable plug-in controls, 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable backlit LED buttons.
- Automap 3 PRO Control Software - SL Mk II comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers.
- MIDI control interface - Built in MIDI I/O Interface and comprehensive MIDI implementation provide complete control over all external hardware synths and other external MIDI devices.
- Novation's unique 'speed dial'
- A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike.
- Programmable 'soft-feel' drumpads - Eradicates the need for a separate set of drumpad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples
- Unique 2-Axis Controls
- Fantastic 'Xpression' pad and adjustably sprung pitch/mod joystick, both freely assignable in MIDI Controlling mode
- Dedicated, yet fully-assignable transport buttons - Control the sequencer's start/stop/loop/record/forward/rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen, or switch them out to allow use of more assignable buttons. SL Mk II recalls how these buttons were previously assigned.
- USB buss powering - Provides the artist with a mobile MIDI control solution, freeing them from the confines of the studio
- Includes the Xcite+ bundle - Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live 7 Lite, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Keyboard: 49 Semi-weighted Keys
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment LED rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad
- Xpression Stick
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX - Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI 1: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI 2: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4" Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4" Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB
- Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported)
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported)
- Minimum Computer spec:
- Mac - G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM
- PC - Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)