Neumann U47 FET Re-Issue - New product
The U 47 fet was first manufactured from 1972 to 1986, and since then has been firmly established in the range of microphones used by many well-known studios. In addition to serving as a soloist microphone, it has become legendary especially for the recording of bass-heavy instruments and for the direct miking of loud amps.
The Neumann U 47 fet Collectors Edition is a new edition of this classic, issued in the year 2014. For this, Neumann has resumed production of this classic mic, according to the original production documents and schematics. It is supplied with a high-quality wooden case with sophisticated special packaging, and an individual certificate with the serial number of the microphone.
In terms of technical design, the U 47 fet is a condenser microphone with a cardioid directional characteristic and fet 80 circuit technology. Among other things this technology, also used in the U 87, is characterized particularly by a wide dynamic range. The K 47 double large-diaphragm capsule was already employed in the U 47, the legendary tube-based predecessor of the U 47 fet. The K 47 provides a slight boost in the range above 2 kHz.
If required, a switchable low-cut filter raises the lower cutoff frequency electronically from 40 Hz to 140 Hz, thus suppressing undesirable low frequencies (such as impact sound and wind noise), or serving to compensate for the proximity effect. Switchable attenuation can reduce transmission levels by 10 dB, facilitating the processing of very high sound pressure levels of up to 147 dB. In addition, to prevent overloading of the connected preamp, the output signal can be reduced by 6 dB via a switch on the bottom of the microphone.
In order to ensure stable positioning, the microphone is swivel-mounted on an integrated bracket. The bracket stand connector has 5/8"-27 internal thread, with an adapter for 1/2" and 3/8" threads. The microphone cable can be secured at the side of the stand connector, by using the knurled nut to fasten it in the slot (for cable diameters of up to 5 mm). The microphone is available in classic nickel.
Rent the Neumann U47 Fet from out Hire Department
The Neumann U47 Fet is available for hire now. What's more, if you decide to buy it after hiring it, we will knock off the hire charges against the cost of the mic.
- Daily rate: £30.00 (ex. vat)
- Weekly rate: £90.00 (ex. vat)
- Monthly rate: £300.00 (ex. vat)
Contact our Hire Department on 0151 236 7800 or email@example.com
Neumann U47 Fet Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 8 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 150 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 25 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 69 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 137 dB
- with preattenuation: 147 dB
- Max. output voltage for THD < 0.5 %: -3.3 dBu
- Power Supply (IEC 61938): P48
- Current consumption: 0.5 mA
- Required connector: XLR 3 F
- Weight: 710 g
- Diameter: 63 mm
- Length: 160 mm