Neumann TLM 103 Microphone - Nickel
The Nickel Neumann TLM 103 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. It comes packaged in a robust wooden box and includes an SG1 stand mount. The TLM103 is perfect for all professional and semi-professional applications requiring the utmost in sound quality on a limited budget
By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
Due to the universal cardioid pattern, straightforward handling, extremely low self-noise level, and finally, the price, the TLM 103 is predestined for all demanding applications from home recording to professional broadcasting and commercial recording studios.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern – used in most recording situations – the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The TLM 103 is addressed from the front, marked with the red Neumann logo on the microphone body. The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, well known from the U 67 / U 87 microphones.The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5 kHz, and above that, a wide flat 4 dB presence boost.
The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects.
Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7 dB-A / 17.5 dB CCIR the self-noise level of the TLM 103 is so reduced that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138 dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131 dB (A-weighted).
The letters TLM stand for "transformerless microphone". With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal.
Neumann TLM103 Features
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Includes swivel mount
- Straightforward handling for homerecording and professional studios
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
Neumann TLM103 Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 23 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 87 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 138 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted): 131 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 450 g
- Diameter: 60 mm
- Length: 132 mm
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neumann SKU SNEUTLM103 Model 008430 GTIN 4006087084304
£919.00 (inc. vat) £765.83 (ex. vat)
£919.00 (inc. vat) £765.83 (ex. vat)
£1,974.00 (inc. vat) £1,645.00 (ex. vat)
£2,165.00 (inc. vat) £1,804.17 (ex. vat)